203" New York Whitetail (Typical)

BizCT

Don't judge a bow by brand!  Ask them to set up 3-5 bows all at the same draw length, poundage and let off.  Then shoot each one judging the bow on how it feels when:

Drawing

Letting down

back wall/valley

Most of all feel.  If  you like the feel of one bow, then that is the one you use regardless of brand.  
I can take 20 bows and a pro will shoot X's with all of them!  That is why one year you will see a pro using Elite and another year Mathews then 2 years later he is a Bowtech guy.  

• Like 2

I got a 17 year old Mathews that's still getting it done. But it doesn't look anything close to the new ones. Shoot as many different ones as you can. You will know it when you shoot it. And it may not be a Mathews Biz.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NFA-ADK said:

Don't judge a bow by brand!  Ask them to set up 3-5 bows all at the same draw length, poundage and let off.  Then shoot each one judging the bow on how it feels when:

Drawing

Letting down

back wall/valley

Most of all feel.  If  you like the feel of one bow, then that is the one you use regardless of brand.  
I can take 20 bows and a pro will shoot X's with all of them!  That is why one year you will see a pro using Elite and another year Mathews then 2 years later he is a Bowtech guy.  

that is seriously what I plan to do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea and that's not even counting the different handles, etc. Hopefully it shoots like a weatherby (close eyes and press trigger and anything within a mile is dead)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep.  Pretty much how it works.  Glad you have it down.  

In all seriousness, of the 10s of compounds I owned, the Matthews helium was my least favorite.  Very unforgiving short valley on it.   But the Halon may be great.  My only compound now is a obsession and it's fast, big valley and solid back wall.  Phades elite synergy is also crazy smooth with let off from a 60lb bow that my 8yr old daughter could dominate. 

• Like 3

Haaa!  No bad mouthing my Helium!  lmao

The elite synergy is really nice, smooth and very easy shooting.  I have been looking at the bows Elite makes and hope they produce something I really like next year.  Nothing this year really caught my eye. 

5 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Yep.  Pretty much how it works.  Glad you have it down.  

In all seriousness, of the 10s of compounds I owned, the Matthews helium was my least favorite.  Very unforgiving short valley on it.   But the Halon may be great.  My only compound now is a obsession and it's fast, big valley and solid back wall.  Phades elite synergy is also crazy smooth with let off from a 60lb bow that my 8yr old daughter could dominate. 

I was only thinking Halon instead of Halon 32 because the extra 2" smaller may be nice for inside ground blind. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Whatever I buy, I'm hoping pro staff by December, TV show by April, retired by 2021

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

The synergy would be a perfect bow for a new shooter because it so buttery smooth and forgiving.  Not the fastest but fast enough.  

I love mine , it stepped up my game to the next level. By far the quietest bow iv'e ever shot.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I was only thinking Halon instead of Halon 32 because the extra 2" smaller may be nice for inside ground blind. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Whatever I buy, I'm hoping pro staff by December, TV show by April, retired by 2021

Call Big Bill Busbice!!!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

You can if you own a Hoyt. 

I once won a beauty pageant I didn't even enter while hunting. 

According to Instagram , you have to run a marathon every day and have less then 6 percent body fat and lift weights twice a day to shoot a Hoyt.

• Like 3

According to Instagram , you have to run a marathon every day and have less then 6 percent body fat and lift weights twice a day to shoot a Hoyt.

What's your handle? I got IG too

25 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:
9 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:
15 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

True. Treestand hunting and poaching go hand in hand. Both cheating

Bring some cash and I'll supply some movie stars. Blind not included...

20170723_133021.jpg

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Hopefully it shoots like a weatherby (close eyes and press trigger and anything within a mile is dead)

If you buy one of the better bows, plus all the rest of the contraptions you will spend close to what you'd pay for a Weatherby.  All that loot, and you'll be able to kill deer out to a whopping distance of 50 yards (if you are good shot that is)!  LOL That is why I'll stick to my rifle, thank you.  Tried the bowhunting thing, but never became this obsession that others seem to claim.  My .02 cents.

• Like 1

True. Treestand hunting and poaching go hand in hand. Both cheating

I would have thought hunting with dogs is cheating... But I guess you do have to follow the dog bark and trail..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I would have thought hunting with dogs is cheating... But I guess you do have to follow the dog bark and trail..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yea you can't be 500lbs. Trying to run and keep up with dogs is a lot harder than shooting down on a deer that doesn't see you.