Another coyote attack

silent death

So now as you are walking to your bow hunting stand in the total darkness of pre-dawn early morning, and you hear that twig snap up ahead, you now have one more vision in your head. As you realize that all you have is a bow with sight-pins that you cannot see, vs. a potential attacker with slobbering, slashing teeth, that you cannot see, the rabid coyote mental picture can join the sasquatch and sow bear with cubs picture that you already imagine now when you hear that twig snap......lol. The woods can be a scary place in the dark when you let your imagination wander a bit. Just think how that scenario would be if you added a nearby low growl to that snapped twig. Lions and tigers and bears....oh my! Now you can add a slobbering, disease-crazed, rabid, coyote to all that.

• Like 1

Been there Doc minus the rabis..just add 2 big ones circling wothin a few yards of you...For a moment i forgot I had my gun in my hands...I shook the action and they moved off long enough for me to run. Up n the stand the howling and yipping started. The two behind me I knew of and at least 3  on the other side of my gully stand. I'm not ashamed to say it scared me enough the tears flowed as I sat there waiting for daylight. No cell phone then but after I felt safe enough to get down the DEC was my first call.

I had several coyotes barking n howling around my tree stand last year on my Georgia lease right around dusk. I climbed down at dark n walked about 2 miles down a logging road back to my truck. I couldn't see them but those buggers were following me down the road based on the barking n yips they were doing. Pitch dark and a bow in my hand, felt good to get in truck. Told my son to stay in tree and I'll drive to him. Once I started truck I didn't hear them again. Saw one next day from my stand but he never stopped moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Doc said:

So now as you are walking to your bow hunting stand in the total darkness of pre-dawn early morning, and you hear that twig snap up ahead, you now have one more vision in your head. As you realize that all you have is a bow with sight-pins that you cannot see, vs. a potential attacker with slobbering, slashing teeth, that you cannot see, the rabid coyote mental picture can join the sasquatch and sow bear with cubs picture that you already imagine now when you hear that twig snap......lol. The woods can be a scary place in the dark when you let your imagination wander a bit. Just think how that scenario would be if you added a nearby low growl to that snapped twig. Lions and tigers and bears....oh my! Now you can add a slobbering, disease-crazed, rabid, coyote to all that.

I think the only thing you can do is grab a limb and swing your bow like a club.

I'm mostly afraid of sasquatch myself . What if it turns out he's  gay and thinks I'm cute ,I could never fight off such a large animal. 

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 1

Heck, if I let my imagination run away, I'd never take a step in the woods! In over 50 years of roaming the woods alone, I've had a few real encounters, that were a bit hair raising. But nothing like the encounters that I imagined!!!!  Those were down right SCARY!.....................................grin.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grampy said:

Heck, if I let my imagination run away, I'd never take a step in the woods! In over 50 years of roaming the woods alone, I've had a few real encounters, that were a bit hair raising. But nothing like the encounters that I imagined!!!!  Those were down right SCARY!.....................................grin.

I used to totally freak myself out as a kid . I can still do it as an adult if I start thinking about it enough.

I live pretty close to where it happened, I get such a kick out of the "they got him" talk. It is a bike trail that is on the outside edge of town on the edge of a ton of farmland. If there is 1 infected coyote there is more, and the coyote most likely didn't get it from another coyote it got it from eating something that had it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I live pretty close to where it happened, I get such a kick out of the "they got him" talk. It is a bike trail that is on the outside edge of town on the edge of a ton of farmland. If there is 1 infected coyote there is more, and the coyote most likely didn't get it from another coyote it got it from eating something that had it.

If I were hiking there today, I'd be carrying more than a walking stick! I have no doubt, there is more than one infected critter in that area. That woman was lucky to make it out alive. Her injuries were quite severe. You would think DEC would at the very least, issue a statement, to use caution in the area. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

I keep trapping them in have a heart's and dropping them off at your place trying to scare you away before season opens.

Very nice, very nice! You and Steve need to be carful this year, I have ADS now on my property. Automated Drone Surveillance, you hear that drone coming better dive for cover! lol 

• Like 1