Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

10 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Anybody else find sincere enjoyment when surrounded by a flock of chick-a-dee's ??

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Was there a nuthatch mixed in ? Almost always there's one. Funny as they look very similar too. Like it when they land on my gun barrel or shooting rail. 

8 minutes ago, sodfather said:

Take her Biz that’s within your legendary status range 

Have shot a doe since 2000. Doubt I’ll evet shoot another unless albino or piebald. 

3 more now at same distance eating.

wheres the big buck??

B5EA2381-879D-4ED8-8A70-F16C079F86D4.jpeg

5dabf2ffe82422e021251e544883f267.jpg

2 does and what I think was a 4 point or maybe a 6 are feeding around the edge of this couple acre spruce thicket. The does are more on the edge, I lost sight of the buck right after I saw him. I heard his antlers banging around the low dead spruce branches. I knew the noise wasn't squirrels. There was some sun shining into the trees and I was able to pick off his rack in there. Small but encouraging to see in case his daddy is around.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Have shot a doe since 2000. Doubt I’ll evet shoot another unless albino or piebald. 

3 more now at same distance eating.

wheres the big buck??

B5EA2381-879D-4ED8-8A70-F16C079F86D4.jpeg

it's good practice, the only way to get good at shooting deer with a bow is to shoot some......especially if it's not your parents property, no harm done and they're good eating.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Tughill Tamer said:

My young hunter just passed on a spike, first deer today , broadside at 40yrds

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

That’s impressive especially a young hunter passing on a immature deer. Great to hear that..

• Like 1

No hunting for me today. Just too warm for what I'm looking for to be on their feet. So met up with Rebel Darling for coffee and a little woods walk, on some land I'm familiar with. What a great guy he is! Very knowledgeable and knows how move about the deer woods! Had a great time! Then on to farm work and a little trigger time.20171008_104002.thumb.jpg.813299b0a67b3fb02e9bbedce87e5a2b.jpg

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, jjb4900 said:

it's good practice, the only way to get good at shooting deer with a bow is to shoot some......especially if it's not your parents property, no harm done and they're good eating.

No thx. Don’t care to spend the time hitting and dragging. 

So the day is done. The 1 doe and 2 fawns stayed between 20yds and 55yds for an hour from 520-620. No bucks showed up. The 3 deer were eating acorns and walking around the whole time but never in front of camera actually. 

Here they are at 22yds. I took some video too but can’t upload it. 

E1B79935-2738-462A-AC5E-28761E47DA8D.jpeg