Vegas Shooting

This one is really tough to swallow. There's still little known about motive but it's just sad all around. We can argue and disagree till we're blue in the face, but violence like this is a whole new level. I'm praying for those injured and the families of those who lost loved ones. I'm also nervously waiting the anti-gun rhetoric. Hoping these were acquired illegally. 

• Like 2

Thoughts and prayers with the victims and their families and friends. And kudos to the first responders, both on duty and off.

I'm anxious to hear more about this shooter, and also how he was able to get several weapons and probably several mil spec ammo boxes up to that room. He didn't stockpile that amount of gear in one trip. It likely happened over a period of days, and no one paid attention.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, philoshop said:

Thoughts and prayers with the victims and their families and friends. And kudos to the first responders, both on duty and off.

I'm anxious to hear more about this shooter, and also how he was able to get several weapons and probably several mil spec ammo boxes up to that room. He didn't stockpile that amount of gear in one trip. It likely happened over a period of days, and no one paid attention.

initial reports say his accomplice worked for the hotel.

The oddest thing to me right now is people on social media freaking out about why he's not labeled as a terrorist. Like... it's not even 10am and wtf does it matter? He's a pos and the bullet he got doesn't do justice to what he should have received as punishment. 

Edited by Belo

1 minute ago, philoshop said:

That wouldn't be difficult at all actually.  How would anyone know?  If he reserved the room for a few days( even one day for that matter), he easily could have gone back and forth with a few suitcases full of guns and ammo.   If the suitcases were closed, it's not like the maids who come in to clean the room would ever know what was in them. Neither would anyone else.

• Like 1

I am real anxious to hear more about this gun that he used that was fully automatic. Specifically whether he had all the proper permits and paper work, or whether it was a stolen weapon or an illegally modified semi-auto. The legislative fall-out may depend on those answers. If it is a modified semi-auto, look for further restrictions on that class of weapon. If it turns out to be a legit full auto, look for the media to soft-pedal that fact as that would show that the most restrictive of gun controls does not work.

What a shame. Absolutely horrible. Dude was obviously a POS but what the heck is wrong with people !??! We argue about shooting little or big deer, while this whackadoo is out clipping people at a concert. He should be hung. RIP to those that lost their life at the hands of this idiot.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

so now we know he's a white dude and most certainly no affiliation with ISIS. Saw some bullets where he's a licensed hunter (like that should matter), but the fact that they put it on the screen is all you need to know.

hildabeast is already getting political and body toll isn't even finalized yet. f'n witch

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/02/hillary-clinton-slammed-for-ignorant-statement-on-guns-after-las-vegas-shooting.html 

1 hour ago, Belo said:

so now we know he's a white dude and most certainly no affiliation with ISIS. Saw some bullets where he's a licensed hunter (like that should matter), but the fact that they put it on the screen is all you need to know.

hildabeast is already getting political and body toll isn't even finalized yet. f'n witch

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/02/hillary-clinton-slammed-for-ignorant-statement-on-guns-after-las-vegas-shooting.html 

People voted for her, WTF?

Paddock was away from home for 6 months last year. Wonder if he enjoyed a mid-east sojourn?

"He was weird. Kept to himself," said McKay, 79, who described Paddock as small but in pretty good shape. "It was like living next to nothing . . . You can at least be grumpy, something. He was just nothing, quiet. He never went out in back and enjoyed the backyard, nature. They had a little backyard, 17 feet to the fence and hill. But the blinds were always closed."

McKay said the couple was gone for six months last year, which she thought was for a gambling trip.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/las-vegas-gunman-liked-to-gamble-listened-to-country-music-lived-quiet-retired-life-before-massacre-1757743

It certainly sounds as if the shooter used either fully-automatic weapons or semi-automatic weapons modified (through, for example, a bump fire stock) to closely simulate automatic fire. Moreover, the police are reporting that he had “more than 10 rifles.” He apparently rented his corner room for days and may have even set up cameras to detect when police were approaching. That’s all strange enough, but it’s even more unusual when you consider that his own family apparently didn’t know that he maintained a stockpile of guns…

…So, a person who’s “not a gun guy” has either expended untold thousands of dollars to legally purchase fully-automatic weapons, somehow found them on the black market, or purchased and substantially modified multiple semi-automatic weapons — and did so with enough competence to create a sustained rate of fire. This same person also spent substantial sums purchasing just the right hotel room to maximize casualties. I cannot think of a single other mass shooter who went to this level of expense and planning in the entire history of the United States.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/10/experts-las-vegas-mass-shooting-strange-unlike-anything-suspect-bought-30-weapons/

1 minute ago, Belo said:

to defend papsmear for the one and only time. both sides have taken this to the twilight zone. dust hasn't even settled and we've all figured it out from our keyboards. 

Maybe on both sides of the political spectrum elsewhere in the media, internet, etc., but on this forum as far as I can see, Papist is the ONLY one that has taken it there.  As is the usual

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Maybe on both sides of the political spectrum elsewhere in the media, internet, etc., but on this forum as far as I can see, Papist is the ONLY one that has taken it there.  As is the usual

As Papist says, "When in doubt, make stuff up."

He's doing a fine job at it, it's like a runaway train when he gets going. No amount of truth will stop him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Papist said:

A full auto rifle costs about 30 grand. Paddock had 10 of 'em apparently 

Modifying a semi-auto to shoot full auto is something I could do without instructions in about 30 minutes in my garage. Modifying a semi-auto to "selective fire" is another story altogether.

Edited by wildcat junkie
  • Like 1