Lawdwaz&grampy; can you help drag?

Dinsdale

I actually didn't see anyone making attacks or judgements.  Many hunters would have no desire to kill an elephant even if they were given the opportunity free of charge.  They are unique and intelligent creatures that live a very long time and some of us have no interest firing a bullet into one whether it's for sport or population control.  Dinsdale was the first to make the statement that "hunters will eat their own faster than a lion" and even said that he purposely posted the pic of the tuskless elephant to point out how "hypocritical" hunters were.  So if his feeling are now hurt, he has no one to blame but himself.  Maybe if he didn't post the picture, no one would have any reason to comment?  But he did choose to post a pic, and people have the right to make comments. Case closed.

• Like 2

Good job Dinsdale....Nice critters....That buff is a BEAUTY !!....He would have tore you a new a**hole if you did not hit him right !!

I envy you.....I'll never do an African hunt now, but I kind of wish I had done one back when I could afford one....

However, I don't regret  the hunts that I have done on this continent...Alaska, northern Canada, Rocky Mountains...

A guy can only do so much..

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Good job Dinsdale....Nice critters....That buff is a BEAUTY !!....He would have tore you a new a**hole if you did not hit him right !!

I envy you.....I'll never do an African hunt now, but I kind of wish I had done one back when I could afford one....

However, I don't regret  the hunts that I have done on this continent...Alaska, northern Canada, Rocky Mountains...

A guy can only do so much..

My guess is that you have done enough hunting for all of us combined Dan!

• Like 3

Thanks, Moog....I would have no qualms hunting any African game, as long as it was  conservationally viable  and the meat was used...

I have made a couple of Alaskan hunts  where we did not bring home all of the meat, but the local people that we donated it to were very grateful....They were tickled pink to get it..In fact the outfitter told us not to bone out the front quarters because the people that we donated it to wanted the bones for soup/broth...  We got compliments for the folks that we donated meat to because we cared for it as if we were going to use it ourselves....That is a detail that I am proud of...

• Like 4

At this point in my life, as a pure meat-hunter, I would not be interested in an African hunt.  After our kids move out, I would at least think about it (especially the buffalo), if I were financially and physically able.  I would probably go for an Alaskan moose first (I know they taste great), and the African cape buffalo second.  God populated the earth with animals to feed mankind.  Participating in that process, when it all goes to hungry folks, is especially awesome.  Did they allow you a taste of the tenderloins ?  If you did and they tasted great, then Africa might move ahead of Alaska. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jman22 said:

I'm sure there will be pics of yearling deer that get posted in the harvest thread that will receive praise, yet people are assuming you killed a juvenille elephant and knocking you for it. 

Oh there's already been fawn shot, the crop eating little bastid!

Lots of people here haven't a clue on Africa and the hunting there.  That's OK, those in the know, know.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Oh there's already been fawn shot, the crop eating little bastid!

Lots of people here haven't a clue on Africa and the hunting there.  That's OK, those in the know, know.

Times 100 !!!    Nicely put Larry.

• Like 1

Dan those are some great animals.  You did your homework and it looks to have paid off in spades!  When you get a chance, you should post the two pics you sent in the PM the other day.  I think some folks will get a kick out of them.........I know I liked them. :)

Certainly they're are some very happy people in the villages that'll be fed for some time with the protein and usable products you have helped to provide.  Grateful is an understatement.........

Post some more pics when you get a chance.

One more thing; you offered me a chance to come on this hunt as an observer at no cost other than airfare and incidentals.  If I had a do-over, that Buffalo pic would be right sides (!!) up and I'd have experienced an incredible safari with a great guy. 

Remember folks, time is fleeting.  If you have something you want/need to do, do it.

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, moog5050 said:

I will be the first to admit I have an irrational soft spot for elephants but you make valid points about the benefits of hunting them.  Again congrats!

I dont think its irrational at all.  But I also understand that people hunt these things.  I feel the same way . I wouldnt ever judge someone that did it , but also like Moog I wouldnt.  Its just all in what your comfortable with .  Could you bring yourself to shoot and eat a horse?? well In Italy they sell horse kabobs on the street and its a regular thing to eat there.  Just a persons own comfort zone.  Do you shoot a doe with fawns? - again - comfort zone- its your enjoyment to hunt, its legal, do what you individually feel is right for you!  I wouldnt hunt a leopard or lion or something like that cause it doesnt interest me. And I hunt for the meat more than anything.  Its great that it feeds people there but thats not the main reason of course someone goes there to hunt, maybe a perk on the side.  But i would at least want to bring home a backstrap! lol

But awesome for Dinsdale.  I bet this was an andrenaline rush staring down any of those big damn critters!  Would be shaking for an hour after even , wow. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...