Carrying Crossbow/compound bow simultaneously

chrisw

I am curious as to just how much crap can one hunter carry while hunting. Already I hear people complaining about how awkward crossbows are to manipulate through the woods. I know for a fact that hauling arrows and compounds and such can get mighty tiresome after a while. Carry both??? .... Are you kidding?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

One would have to  be pretty stupid to get caught , honestly . 

Dec fines are lIke parking tickets , I'll pay the $75 for a great parking spot . But I just toss an old parking ticket under the wiper , and never get a new one ......

AS for the ticket thing, being an leo i always check the date on tickets, then write another one and stack them to make it look like their is only one. Id love to see the faces of people when they remove them to drive away.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Doewhacker said:

She’s trying to apply a different set of Reg’s to her situation but she doesn’t know the regs to know she is wrong. 

You cannot hunt waterfowl with lead shot and there are size limits to the shot you can use. If you are caught with lead shot or a slug of any kind it is on violation of the law. None of that has anything to do with her attempts to interpret the law as she sees fit for her own personal gain. 

It also doesn't even have to be in the gun or on person, if you have just 1 shell in your vehicle you can get a ticket. It really depends on how much of a hard time the ECO wants to give you.

Edited by chas0218

14 hours ago, growalot said:

So the DEC stating it is legal to carry two weapons . and hunt more than one species with a legal weapon has now put slugs and bird shot on the same level  voiding one weapon do to size of shot? When Bird shot and deer slugs are no where near the same? 

Listen Chris..you can accuse me of baiting ...for that's what I'm doing now.....let's just all wait for written law confirmation ,one way or the other on the original post..:bye:

You don't need 2 shotguns to shoot different ammo. Your argument isn't making sense. When goose hunting the regs say you can NOT use a "Bullet" in their definition that means single projectile. You also must use a certain shot size meaning that once again copper, bismuth, plastic whatever the bullet is made from means you can't use it.

Now the overlapping part you are trying to use but botched all up. If you are hunting ducks, geese or other migratory birds with steel shot #2 or smaller (numerically larger) you can also hunt turkey at the same time because you are abiding by the game laws for multiple species. BUT you can NOT take a crossbow or rifle out to hunt other game while hunting the above mentioned game because it does not meet the criteria outlined in the regs.

Not sure why this is so hard to understand.

Edited by chas0218

Thanks Chase..I honestly don't read those particular regulations ,because I'll never hunt them...  That said...and Chris might not have gotten, well it's obvious he didn't actually...I was baiting him a bit..he needs to get a sense of humor and really the thread, even though it went right where I'd hoped, has become redundant.  Then for the most part stayed very civil considering, which is good for all.. still I'll wait for those written regs. to be found:wink:

Edited by growalot

The good news is we have a bunch of law abiding hunters arguing about poorly written laws. The bad news is the poachers would be laughing at this thread , they know they can break all the laws for years with little chance of ever getting caught, then pay a couple hundred in fines and be back at it , if they are ever caught .
Ive had the DEC break my balls because I spelled Canandaigua wrong , X off the date in ink instead of cut it out ( which as legal ) and watched them ticket my buddy for taking sunfish off his little daughters hook , because he did not have a fishing Lic. Now mind you he did not have a pole of his own either just putting on worms and talking off sunnies for a little kid .
meanwhile the true law breakers could give a crap .

Ain’t this the truth. I hunt private land and I believe Grow does too. there’s really no chance anyone is getting busted for anything unless you’re dumb.

Still an interesting debate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Jeesh, wish you folks would put this much effort into the beer thread :drinks:
I'm thinking if these people put this much effort into the beer thread there would not be much hunting going on, everyone would be hungover pretty hard .

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I am curious as to just how much crap can one hunter carry while hunting. Already I hear people complaining about how awkward crossbows are to manipulate through the woods. I know for a fact that hauling arrows and compounds and such can get mighty tiresome after a while. Carry both??? .... Are you kidding?

Doable but not ideal. I thought she had a knee injury or something too from tripping over a root which makes this seem even more unnecessary.

1 hour ago, Belo said:

Doable but not ideal. I thought she had a knee injury or something too from tripping over a root which makes this seem even more unnecessary.

That knee injury aint stopping her from picking up 186lbs of scrap like its nothing. A 7 lb crossbow isnt gonna kill her lol

• Like 1