A cool gun with a cooler story on why it's mine.

Buckmaster7600

About 3 weeks ago I get a call from an elderly woman telling me that she has a gun she has to sell to me for 200$. Now I buy and sell guns constantly but this one took me by surprise. So after talking to this woman for about 10 minutes I had absolutely no clue who she was or what gun she was selling me. She told me that her husband had died and when her and her kids were going through his closet in his gun case was his gun with a note saying "sell this to Jordan for 100$ and my phone #." She told me she lived in near Scranton PA. She was very adamant about selling it to me because of all his guns "sounded like he had a lot" this was the only one with a note on where he wanted it. After talking to her I told her I wouldn't be able to drive down and get it until after the new year but I did want it and I would mail her a check now if she wanted me to, she said she had to talk to her son and would call me back.

A couple days later her son called me and after talking to him he was able to read the writing on the gun and told me it was a Ruger 44mag carbine. Once I knew what it was I remembered bullshitting with an old timer at a gun show down that way about 10 years ago and at the time I was looking for one "I now own 2, well 3" and he told me he had one but didn't want to sell it. I told him if he ever decided he wanted to sell it to give me a call.

I told the son that I wanted the gun but that 100$ was way to low of a price and I would pay market value for it. He said absolutely not that it was what his old man wanted. We discussed how I would get it and we decided that shipping was easiest because the mother was moving etc. so I did all the leg work and called their local gun shop payed for the shipping and all they had to do was drop it off.

Last night I went and picked it up at my gun shop and its in decent shape just as he had described it 10 years ago. Ran home for a lunch break today and figures I would shoot it quick well 1st shot hit an inch high at 100yds and the next 4 were all within an inch of the first one. The next tube of 5 all made my 6" gong sing at 100yds. Here she is in the woods with me for an evening sit. Let's hope lucky #11 knocks down a buck tonight!8bc7d87fc7796d74ed2debc52d5cd67b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 27

32 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

About 3 weeks ago I get a call from an elderly woman telling me that she has a gun she has to sell to me for 200$. Now I buy and sell guns constantly but this one took me by surprise. So after talking to this woman for about 10 minutes I had absolutely no clue who she was or what gun she was selling me. She told me that her husband had died and when her and her kids were going through his closet in his gun case was his gun with a note saying "sell this to Jordan for 100$ and my phone #." She told me she lived in near Scranton PA. She was very adamant about selling it to me because of all his guns "sounded like he had a lot" this was the only one with a note on where he wanted it. After talking to her I told her I wouldn't be able to drive down and get it until after the new year but I did want it and I would mail her a check now if she wanted me to, she said she had to talk to her son and would call me back.

A couple days later her son called me and after talking to him he was able to read the writing on the gun and told me it was a Ruger 44mag carbine. Once I knew what it was I remembered bullshitting with an old timer at a gun show down that way about 10 years ago and at the time I was looking for one "I now own 2, well 3" and he told me he had one but didn't want to sell it. I told him if he ever decided he wanted to sell it to give me a call.

I told the son that I wanted the gun but that 100$ was way to low of a price and I would pay market value for it. He said absolutely not that it was what his old man wanted. We discussed how I would get it and we decided that shipping was easiest because the mother was moving etc. so I did all the leg work and called their local gun shop payed for the shipping and all they had to do was drop it off.

Last night I went and picked it up at my gun shop and its in decent shape just as he had described it 10 years ago. Ran home for a lunch break today and figures I would shoot it quick well 1st shot hit an inch high at 100yds and the next 4 were all within an inch of the first one. The next tube of 5 all made my 6" gong sing at 100yds. Here she is in the woods with me for an evening sit. Let's hope lucky #11 knocks down a buck tonight!8bc7d87fc7796d74ed2debc52d5cd67b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a sweet gun!! 

• Like 1