OK archery people ,plenty of notice , no excuses.

Jeremy K

Is this a "fun" shoot or competition?

I could be interested if it was just for shiiiits & giggles but not competition. You see, I can crack under pressure do to some serious sexual intimidation years ago by a good (not THAT good) friend. I'd be all set to take a shot with my traditional gear; concentrating on THAT spot that I wanted to hit.  Then I'd bring the bow up and all in one motion draw & shoot............well, midway through my draw, my buddy would take the tip of his bow from behind me and "tweak" me in my nether region, resulting in a lost arrow, possibly still traveling in the stratosphere even after all these years. :( 

All these years later all I can think of when shooting at a 3D shoot is Old Tom, getting ready to give me the overlaid tip of his bow right in my bing bong.........these days I'll shoot for fun, nothing else.

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

I agree if it was fun shhot and not a bunch of stuck up archery "experts".

Seemed like a good bunch of guys , my release broke one year and a guy from the group behind us let me use his back up release for the rest of the day.

• Like 1

Fun no doubt, if you have kids definitely take them. When my boys were 9 and 5 we went and they had a blast shooting at all the animals...

mentioned to the wife about going and she said sounds good, so if a few of you guys want to set some thing up I am game. 

Edited by rob-c

Its fun!  You can take the shoot as serious as you want to.  I just do it for fun.  This was 2 years ago in NJ.  We did Sturbridge Mass this year.  They have an iron buck shoot that the guys where shooting 120 yards in the final, good times, tournaments are fun if you want it to be and have a good group of guys.  Not sure I would drive over 6 hours for a 3D shoot, probably go to Mass again this year.