2018 Shed Thread

NonTypical

from all the trail cam feed back from my group out this way in eastern ny, most are still carrying at least one antler. many with both apparently. seems like with all the warm weather and diminishing snow it's about to get really good.  i just have to find the time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice bucks and brows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too bad I can’t hunt this patch- walking distance from my house and a pretty big herd for a small area- much larger racks (not that that drives my hunting pleasure!) than the ones pictures

• Like 1

I saw a dead spike getting picked on by a turkey vulture today on the hutch North bound in Westchester- horns looked solidly attached- may be making a “Tales from the crypt” run on a few days!!!

Think it’s still there I’m looking for some roadkill to add to my coyote bait site

On 2/6/2018 at 9:32 PM, TreeGuy said:

Checked my cam's as well.... Every buck has 2 sides still. Sparring pics too so I can't imagine they will drop soon.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Still sparring here as well. Most are still holding. Only got pics of 2 different spikes that dropped one side each so far. 5E66AF74-0255-4948-8D46-D5226D929CBC.thumb.jpeg.a49d7238dadc2a46bc29425e145ba286.jpeg

• Like 2

Think it’s still there I’m looking for some roadkill to add to my coyote bait site

Hutch North well before the Mamaroneck road exit where you can see Quaker ridge golf course through the wood line

I saw it Tuesday evening but haven’t been back since

• Like 1

Saw a picture of a urban buffalo set that is supposed to go 2teens w 4 drops. Apparently there were a number of guys running this deer and each other ragged and he knocked his second, quoted to be 119” single side, off while being pursued by the guy who has both haves. He was described to me as being a non hunter and having his 4mo old child in a sling stylecarrier. Yes- I am very aware as to how many inches/feet of antler that is and would say it seems legit. A shed obsessed coworker showed me all the pics. Never realized how addicted people get and how crazy urban areas get related to them.

I have seen some farm county wNY bucks dropped and others carrying. Valentine’s Day was always when I started to get serious about my searching....perhaps this yr is different.

Because of you we can’t have nice things.