NonTypical

2018 Shed Thread

Figured I’d start a new one up. My first find of the year. Technically not a shed, but a dead head. Most of the bucks around here are still holding. 312D6AC5-AB24-4146-B041-850D5642707F.thumb.jpeg.7255124f01e8a770fd37ca721db6122a.jpeg

Edited by NonTypical
  • Like 12

Figured I’d start a new one up. My first find of the year. Technically not a shed, but a dead head. Most of the bucks around here are still holding. 312D6AC5-AB24-4146-B041-850D5642707F.thumb.jpeg.7255124f01e8a770fd37ca721db6122a.jpeg
Throw em on your wall

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!

15 hours ago, crappyice said:

Damn FU...you throwing acid on the bases of your bucks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's ice lol wish I could get close enough to do that. 

Picked all these up thurs morning...

20180125_113432.jpg

• Like 18

"I'm not from New York. I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"

"It's not a passion. It's an obsession!!!" - Mossy Oak

I've got the shed hunting itch bad, I hate having to decide between ice fishing, steelhead fishing and shed hunting, it's not often that there's favorable conditions for all three in January!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

First shed of the year and it's a doozy! Can only go up from here. d4829594bffe1bcb531a4724c83d66b1.jpg&key=b4246cd7f1abe05c48e6c10f1843ef3c8042a544dc981162ac798b6271b2e165

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

That’s just the brow point off a 74” Shed

• Like 2

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

4 minutes ago, adkhunter71 said:

That's so cool that you found a dollar right there too, lol.  That's some luck!

Get a " Scratch Off ! "

• Like 1

Answer to No One !

54 minutes ago, adkhunter71 said:

That's so cool that you found a dollar right there too, lol.  That's some luck!

Lol no I found the antlers fist and put them down by the dollar lol 

• Like 1

from all the trail cam feed back from my group out this way in eastern ny, most are still carrying at least one antler. many with both apparently. seems like with all the warm weather and diminishing snow it's about to get really good.  i just have to find the time.

• Like 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://arforny.com

Super Bowl Sunday walk in the woods.
c6e91a9e7e2612f1653e89b2b8659310.jpg&key=0339bb125b522b70e09d6f9b7bfc2350b335befcfa80d7056014aeca192774da
9044c3b199a0c0dcd9061323bf57baf3.jpg&key=a146ee94bebbf4c3cd323f15b86adf33c969e461984482bb2ac6a02959b03ca8

Still packing

Nice bucks and brows

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Nice bucks and brows

Too bad I can’t hunt this patch- walking distance from my house and a pretty big herd for a small area- much larger racks (not that that drives my hunting pleasure!) than the ones pictures

• Like 1

Checked my cam's as well.... Every buck has 2 sides still. Sparring pics too so I can't imagine they will drop soon.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I saw a dead spike getting picked on by a turkey vulture today on the hutch North bound in Westchester- horns looked solidly attached- may be making a “Tales from the crypt” run on a few days!!!

• Like 1

I saw a dead spike getting picked on by a turkey vulture today on the hutch North bound in Westchester- horns looked solidly attached- may be making a “Tales from the crypt” run on a few days!!!

Think it’s still there I’m looking for some roadkill to add to my coyote bait site

On 2/6/2018 at 9:32 PM, TreeGuy said:

Checked my cam's as well.... Every buck has 2 sides still. Sparring pics too so I can't imagine they will drop soon.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Still sparring here as well. Most are still holding. Only got pics of 2 different spikes that dropped one side each so far. 5E66AF74-0255-4948-8D46-D5226D929CBC.thumb.jpeg.a49d7238dadc2a46bc29425e145ba286.jpeg

• Like 2

Think it’s still there I’m looking for some roadkill to add to my coyote bait site

Hutch North well before the Mamaroneck road exit where you can see Quaker ridge golf course through the wood line

I saw it Tuesday evening but haven’t been back since

• Like 1

Saw a picture of a urban buffalo set that is supposed to go 2teens w 4 drops. Apparently there were a number of guys running this deer and each other ragged and he knocked his second, quoted to be 119” single side, off while being pursued by the guy who has both haves. He was described to me as being a non hunter and having his 4mo old child in a sling stylecarrier. Yes- I am very aware as to how many inches/feet of antler that is and would say it seems legit. A shed obsessed coworker showed me all the pics. Never realized how addicted people get and how crazy urban areas get related to them.

I have seen some farm county wNY bucks dropped and others carrying. Valentine’s Day was always when I started to get serious about my searching....perhaps this yr is different.

Because of you we can’t have nice things.