Airbow????

sodfather

I will put my view on this again this is a firearm not a Bow at all just because it is shooting a bolt/dat arrow does not mean this is a bow/atleast with a cross bow there is a string that is being used.Again my view would I or will I purchase one yup/yes Iwill in time just like many others will do

3 hours ago, NFA-ADK said:

Cross bow is not a real bow either yet they shoved that into the season, this will be next, then we will have gun powder charged arrows.  They all shoot the same projectile so they must be equal will be the mentality. 

Yep that is my point once they let in crossbows basically anything that shoots a arrow can be defined as archery my archery Pro Shop already sells the airbow they already know it is coming the companys that make things like airbows know  there market and it's all those crossbow users .

Which once they get a hold of a airbow Will dump  those crossbows in the trash. Because things like a  airbow can have much  better performance then a crossbow .

They already  know  what is going to happen . From what already did happen. 

• Thanks 1

I'm not against having or using them.I would ask where to draw the line but these have no strings.Yes I am a dummy and to me these are much different than a Cross Bow you say no! I say Yes.Again what course would you put these under firearms or archery or both to beable to hunt with them

24 minutes ago, Dom said:

I'm not against having or using them.I would ask where to draw the line but these have no strings.Yes I am a dummy and to me these are much different than a Cross Bow you say no! I say Yes.Again what course would you put these under firearms or archery or both to beable to hunt with them

Crossbow strings are dangerous you could hit your fingers on them the airbow is safer that is the point plus even more accurate 

10 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Crossbow strings are dangerous you could hit your fingers on them the airbow is safer that is the point plus even more accurate 

Your in fantasy land. Well lasers are more accurate and they should be allowed.. air propellant or powder makes it a gun.simple not archery doesn't matter what it shoots.. is a whale harpoon cannon archery equipment? No!!  

Again not up to Dec. If they made regs xbow would of been legal decades ago in all of archery . You keep saying they are like a gun..they are far from it have you ever even shot one? Because you hold it horizontal doesnot make it a gun. Trigger = release. Limns provide power. String transfers energey to arrow.. that is a bow. Simple. Air or powder makes it gun. Guns do not go in archery season.  That's it regardless if you want to call dogshit a flower it's still dogshit . A gun is a gun

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dom said:

anyone that aint had a sting from a Bow has not shot a true piece of archery equiptment 

Hey once they decided that a crossbow was archery why should I be limited by limbs and strings snagging up as i walk in the woods may as well just take it to the next level now and stop all the word play .

We all know crossbow is differet then archery and using the well it has a bow and a string on it  is just smoke and mirrors . Lol 

Edited by Storm914

20 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Even the video says they are converted air guns with arrow barrels.  Archery doesn't have barrels.

5 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Even the video says they are converted air guns with arrow barrels.  Archery doesn't have barrels.

Look if you want to shoot a arrow like a gun you use a crossbow not a vertical bow when they decided that was not imported why do I have to be limited by having  limbs hanging off it ? 

It' just a technicality to get into what was once traditioal archery season anyway. 

The line was crossed already so let me use what I think is the best arrow shooting device out there .

Why play around with it like they are doing. 

4 minutes ago, Dom said:

My puppet has strings so why not the bow?The cross bow is a little different than this Airbow 

Can a x bow shoot more than one kind of projectile. These are air rifles with different barrels.. swap a barrel out and shoot a 30 cal 40 70 cal bullet out of same gun.. they are vastly different in method of propulsion and cocking

2 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Look if you want to shoot a arrow like a gun you use a crossbow not a vertical bow when they decided that was not imported why do I have to be limited by having  limbs hanging off it ? 

It' just a technicality to get into what was once traditioal archery season anyway. 

The line was crossed already so let me use what I think is the best arrow shooting device out there .

Why play around with it like they are doing. 

Because it not propelled by a string from limbs.. !!! How do you think compounds were allowed ? Do you even remember the fight to allow them? It is not archery equipment by any expllination ..projectile is irrelevant!! That is the basis for your whole argument but it doesn't fit what has been established as archery equipment! Go buy a harpoon gin and use that ..that is exactly the same as this..made smaller for hand held. I don't see any whale in archery records..

6 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Can a x bow shoot more than one kind of projectile. These are air rifles with different barrels.. swap a barrel out and shoot a 30 cal 40 70 cal bullet out of same gun.. they are vastly different in method of propulsion and cocking

Crossbows  can shoot lead ball just let you no they are popular in Europe .

What makes it true  archery is the technique used to shoot a traditioal bow .

Crossbow is shot like a gun same with airbow .

Edited by Storm914

Crossbow does not have a pin to detonate a primer to ignight  a propelant.. it is not the same at all.. that's like saying a stick bug and twig are the same because they look the same..

And one s that shoot led balls are not crossbows they are slings.. like a catapult

Edited by G-Man

Someone that never shot a traditional bow can shoot a crossbow accurately right out of the box if he can shoot a gun 

That is not true of a vertical bow different skill set .

Once they decided that was not imported then makes no difference if it a airbow or crossbow my friend that is all just word play and smoke and mirrors. 

9 hours ago, Doc said:

https://www.crosman.com/connect/maryland-approves-the-benjamin-pioneer-airbow-for-deer-hunting/

"Maryland joins a growing list of states allowing for the use of the Airbow during their hunting seasons. Arizona, Missouri, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Washington State allow big game animals to be legally taken with the Airbow. Feral hogs can be taken in Georgia, Florida and Texas while coyotes and other predators may be hunted with the Airbow in over 30 states. Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina allow the Airbow to be used for alligator hunting."

Wow thanks Doc had no idea 

8 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Attached to a projectile yes they can.We aint talking on the same page.How the projectile is going down range is not the Question.I like the idea and only gave my input

I have bow hunted for over 10 years. I started with a recurve compound, then 4 years ago started using a compound with release, wisker biscuit, peep sight, fiber optic sights, ect. I bought a crossbow this year to try. Imho I did not find the crossbow easier than my compound. I think it is a bit harder with more traditional equipment but todays compound bows are as traditional as todays crossbows.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

What if they came out with an airbow* you had to cock with a string? Would you naysayers be on board then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t and never will a bow is a bow. This thread is like the NFL catch rule... 

11 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

What if they came out with an airbow* you had to cock with a string? Would you naysayers be on board then?

Its not the cocking its the transfer of  energy the string was attached to a cylinder that propelled the string forward to propel the projectile.. think catapult on aircraft carrier using hydraulic pistons..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I am not a naysayer at all. again in time we will/most will own one.To myself just because they shoot an arrow/bolt I do not see them being a bow at all another way of shooting an arrow I think it has its  place in the shooting world

9 minutes ago, Dom said:

I am not a naysayer at all. again in time we will/most will own one.To myself just because they shoot an arrow/bolt I do not see them being a bow at all another way of shooting an arrow I think it has its  place in the shooting world

Come on guys  what ever you want to call it that thing would be great to hunt with. 

And should have a season or be part of a season one way or the other. :)