Spring has sprung

bugsNbows

On 2/24/2018 at 6:37 PM, turkeyfeathers said:

That’s misleading here as they never leave here. Cemetery road by Erie overpass. I’m sure you know exactly where I mean. Town dumps all the roadkill there. I think they’re too fat to fly 

I've never seen a buzzards stay..Hawks yes buzzards no.

• Like 1

I just got our closure posted on TV etc.   The roads are terrible, never got over 25 mph on the way in to work.  Limbs and trees down as well.  Pulled into lot at work and one came crashing down and scared the crap outa me. Supposed to get 1-2 ft here today of heavy wet snow.  its a mess 

On 2/28/2018 at 10:51 AM, hunter49 said:

I just got back from Disney on Saturday after 6 days. I could not believe how beautiful these trees & others were!  We had 65-86* all week hated to leave & then land in Buffalo with rain, fog & 35* .  Loved the rides, the weather, but hated the crowds & lines of people!  It was my first time ever. 

Glad U had a nice trip. WDW is a “pretty “ place for sure. I should know... was an Area Manager there in the horticulture/ pest management department for 11 years. 

For only the 2nd time in 14 years our district office is closed, and I don't need to go in. Could get 30"+ in the hilltowns. Widespread power outages already happening, with multiple trees down. Picture at 6:45 this morning, just down from the farm property.  And the worst is yet to come. Spring has not sprung yet here. IMG_10041.thumb.jpg.b84a489548fcd67dd211df6cf72aa854.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Grampy that doesnt look like fun either. I am headed home soon myself after i answer phones and be sure plowing is done for a bit. Gotta travel in a no travel area to get home and be damned I am still stopping for a 12 pack on the way home!  isnt that an emergency!?

The way in was def brutal this morn at 4:30.  Dont look any better to get home either 

• Like 1

Damn March! More times than not we get a doozy of a sloppy, heavy, storm in March. It is almost guaranteed. I remember one back in the 70's where I had to have a payloader come in and  open up our driveway. This one is a bit more than my ATV can handle. It's just too darn heavy and deep. Last night at midnight I took a look at the thermometer and the temp was 32 degrees and there already was a pile of snow. So you know that crap is the consistency of ice cream.

Got about 16-18" here, pretty ugly, great the power didnt stay off just flickered.For me another day looking out the windows, broken foot on right leg, fractured knee on the other, neighbors are going to wonder why their driveways aren't cleaned.

6 minutes ago, 52 farmer said:

Got about 16-18" here, pretty ugly, great the power didnt stay off just flickered.For me another day looking out the windows, broken foot on right leg, fractured knee on the other, neighbors are going to wonder why their driveways aren't cleaned.

Crap. How’d you do that to leg ? 

15 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Crap. How’d you do that to leg ? 

Missed a 4" step, hit it sideways, cracked small bone in right foot, hit the concrete floor full force on left knee, fractured it.Not my idea of fun sitting around for at least 4 weeks:negative:

4 hours ago, bugsNbows said:

Glad U had a nice trip. WDW is a “pretty “ place for sure. I should know... was an Area Manager there in the horticulture/ pest management department for 11 years. 

Looks like you did a great job!  I did mention to the others I was with I only saw 5 bugs all the while we were there, I couldn't get over it!   lol