2018 Live from the turkey woods

turkeyfeathers

18 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

She’s pregnant........!!

And hopefully feeling better today. 

She aint pregnant , i decided if i was gonna stay home ,i would cook myself something yummy for breakfast . I left the bedroom door open and got her yelling my name and telling me i was letting the smell in . I havent had a migraine in a long time but i do remember that strong smells will send you for the porcelain throne faster then all get out .  I did enjoy a couple venison burgers with jalepenos , fried egg on top with half an avocado though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Moved 200 yards. He hit the crowcall right about where we were sitting lol. Hate when that happens. 

might have got quiet cause he was on his way.  - Been there as well.   

Maybe he will get all worked up chasing you around and come in running ! 

2 hours ago, Otto said:

I've been in the blind over a just planted corn fiield for 2 hours....not a peep. Should I sit tight or try the woods?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hard to say .  Seems like a lot of people have posted on here that their birds came in without a gobble.  Same thing last weekend for me (busted me), but I have a tough time sitting for more than 2 hours for turkey - lol Deer on the other hand ....  can usually go 3 hours plus 

• Like 2

Hard to say .  Seems like a lot of people have posted on here that their birds came in without a gobble.  Same thing last weekend for me (busted me), but I have a tough time sitting for more than 2 hours for turkey - lol Deer on the other hand ....  can usually go 3 hours plus 
Thanks. I moved, still nothing.....at least I found these.
e1129765b08d239b926d9651b3237d11.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Went out this morning Still haven't heard a gobble this year. Walked 4 miles did see 2 deer, 2 gardner snakes sunning them selves spooked a hawk that was on the ground probably with it's prey. Lots of crows and blue jays and song birds. Just nice to be out there just gotta find out where the turkeys are.

• Like 1

Yesterday my son came over and borrowed a box call, he said he was going to shoot a turkey tomorrow. Well I'll be damned if he didn't actually do it.

His first time out EVER!  He now has his brother and me beat by 1 bird...

IMG_4113.JPG

• Like 15

1 hour ago, FatBoyD said:

Yesterday my son came over and borrowed a box call, he said he was going to shoot a turkey tomorrow. Well I'll be damned if he didn't actually do it.

IMG_4113.JPG

Love it   Nice rope too. Congrats to him. That’s so cool.  He schooled you and called it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FatBoyD said:

IMG_4113.JPG

Nice bird. You never know. We had a guy deer hunt with our gang for the first time. He shot a 10 pointer. Keep hunting and good luck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bill Schmidt said:

Tomorrow, I have a 4am- 1 1/2 mile hike in .  I have no idea what happens on Private Lands in NY, but the Gobblers on my Public Land areas are super quiet this Spring.  Happy to be out though and weight has dropped from 227 to 221 from all the hiking with a gun.

What ?! You’re hunting private land ?! Lol. How many acres ? Tote my 12 and you’ll sport 11 more pounds. Good luck in the morning Bill. Check in to let us know how it’s going 

9 hours ago, whaler said:

Sounds like you need to look in some new spots!

I kill gobblers every year and this year has been very difficult but just down the road. The school just bought some property off the state beautiful fields 3 of them to be exact 3 gobblers every morning. So yea I guess I need to find a spot but at least I'm trying to find a bird right. 

• Like 1