SKUNK!!!!

My dog got sprayed and ran through the house, not good! It STINKS! I washed her with peroxide/dish soap/baking soda and she seemed to smell ok but my porch and living room reek. I’ve got all the windows open I’m hoping it airs out. Is it possible that things she brushed against have that oil on them? 3b937826713bab03bf0f57b429f5610b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Put out several small dishes of white vinegar.  Not sure why, but it seems to work.  

PS I would not use the ozone machine in the house unless you are not there while it is in use.  We use a commercial one at work and the room need to be unoccupied. 

Edited by Otto

How's the smell TC?

When I had my business I had a few jobs where dogs were skunked and IIRC insurance ponied up in a couple of them.   I think I ended getting the bill up to $2-3,000 and that was when deductibles were mostly $250  :)

Lots of ozone, dry cleaning and a few days of airing the joint out they were GTG.

Tell the Mrs. to bake a pile of brownies, microwave popcorn and maybe fry up some feesh.  All of them will help to change the air in your house.

Oh, one more thing; change your furnace air filter out a few times in the next week or so. (if'n you have a forced air furnace)

16 hours ago, Otto said:

Put out several small dishes of white vinegar.  Not sure why, but it seems to work.  

PS I would not use the ozone machine in the house unless you are not there while it is in use.  We use a commercial one at work and the room need to be unoccupied. 

Have heard the same about the vinegar.buddy at work had his dog sprayed,same situation.bathed and boiled pots of vinegar