30 yard group

eagle rider

6 minutes ago, grampy said:

There ya go!  Awesome 30 yard group!  Dialed in early this year!  Sweet!

Now that the heatwave is over for now, I need to get out and fling a few.

Its part of my my morning therapy.  12 arrows daily between coffee and bowl of Cheerios keeps everyone who crosses paths with me safe throughout the day!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Beauty! Whats your setup?

That was a bow I was thinking about selling but changed my mind lol.  70 pound Diamond Carbon Cure.  350 CE Mayhem Hunters 30" with 100 gr head (Wasp Jackhammer).  Has an Apache drop away rest and a single pin Truglo Rover sight.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, eagle rider said:

Its part of my my morning therapy.  12 arrows daily between coffee and bowl of Cheerios keeps everyone who crosses paths with me safe throughout the day!!!!!

Mmmmm.. Cheerios .... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are definitely skilled to the point where you need separate bulls eyes for each arrow. Avoid the expensive damage that is sure to happen to your arrows.

Have you considered competitive shooting? It can be an addictive thing that is a heck of a lot of fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

You are definitely skilled to the point where you need separate bulls eyes for each arrow. Avoid the expensive damage that is sure to happen to your arrows.

Have you considered competitive shooting? It can be an addictive thing that is a heck of a lot of fun.

I have not really. I just try to shoot a dozen arrows a day from the summer through the season.  Not all the groups are this consistent.  Target shooters want to shoot many arrows as tight as these at targets far off..... bowhunters want to shoot one well placed arrow into a target as close as possible when we need to I suppose.  But practice makes perfect.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:19 AM, eagle rider said:

I have not really. I just try to shoot a dozen arrows a day from the summer through the season.  Not all the groups are this consistent.  Target shooters want to shoot many arrows as tight as these at targets far off..... bowhunters want to shoot one well placed arrow into a target as close as possible when we need to I suppose.  But practice makes perfect.

I spent quite a few years shooting NFAA events, back when I was a young squirt. I have to say that even though I never got real great at it, it was a blast. Just a whole additional aspect to archery. Also, I can't say that it did my hunting any harm either. You should try it. You might get hooked.....lol.

• Like 1

competitive archery is just another thing to consume time. you have to make a choice to pursue it or not.  sticking to local shoots and going with friends is the way to start and test the waters. no sense in traveling to all of them losing time with friends and family just for a trophy, IMO.

• Like 1

Actually, back when I was competitively shooting I had both boys and my wife involved, and all the members of the club were a great bunch of people. It was an "add" to the list of friends and additional time spent with the family. I guess you make of it what you want. It's just another hobby and a whole bunch of fun for those that enjoy archery.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2018 at 1:15 PM, eagle rider said:

That was a bow I was thinking about selling but changed my mind lol.  70 pound Diamond Carbon Cure.  350 CE Mayhem Hunters 30" with 100 gr head (Wasp Jackhammer).  Has an Apache drop away rest and a single pin Truglo Rover sight.  

I just got my answer... wasp jackhammers.  How do you like the jackhammers?

• Like 1

Good shooting.

I had the same target for a while and like you eventually had to shoot from the side because of blowing out the foam. Last year I bought a $40 Crossbow target and it's a ton better than the black hole. Bigger surface area and impossible to come close to fletching on a vertical bow. Xbow target instead of vertical because it has a bunch of bits of plastic in it, so should last years.