We found this interesting

turkeyfeathers

Few weeks ago Lawdwaz gave me some primary wing feathers to give to my friend dinorocks as he’ll use to fletch primitive arrows. Upon talking to Larry he’s like check this out. A copper pellet lodged in the feather. He doesn’t shoot copper so bird had been shot before and mentioned he came in pretty quiet and one breast was   all bad from rot. I also shot a silent strutter years back that one breast was all gangrene. Weird stuff but neat 

5ED6B32F-15EC-48BE-A4AC-F59041A2389A.jpeg

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

i don't remember but it was either a 3 blade muzzy or thunderhead we found in a bucks neck once. all healed over with no trace of it until we processed the deer.

I've heard that finding a broadhead in deer is more common then you would think.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I've heard that finding a broadhead in deer is more common then you would think.

we've always processed our own. i've only found one in a deer once so idk. i do hunt private land though most of the time so that's probably a factor.

17 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

we've always processed our own. i've only found one in a deer once so idk. i do hunt private land though most of the time so that's probably a factor.

I was just going by what the processor around the corner from one of our spots told us . Personally i have never come across it.

most i have found in a single deer was 5 20ga slugs, 3 .22 bullets. and a broad head. poor 5 pt buck the slugs were maybe week old others were completely healed over.

friend shot a buck that had an entire arrow along its spine from previous year.  

i killed a turkey i shot and wounded the same morning 6 hours later only bird that had previous injury

• Like 1

many years ago my friend shot a deer a spike but[no ar then] .well we hung it from the back legs and as I skinned it I got to the breast bone and it was all gray and a hard mass.I couldn't get the skin off upside down so we layed him down and cut around it we had the skin most of the way off and hung him back up. Icut the mass out and found a bullet lodged in its breast bone. I was  a small round maybe a 9mm/380 but bigger than a.22. All I thought was he must have been in a lot of pain walking around like that. Man did it stink when I cut it out and was all green like it was infected but it was just the breast bone so we didn't loose much meat 

he weirdest one I ever saw was while bowhunting elk in New mexico..My buddy called in and killed a bull...

When he was caping it, he discovered an arrow had gone right up one of the bull's nostrils and was broken off just inside the nostril...The broadhead was imbedded in one of the bull's sinus cavities....The elk appeared perfectly healthy until my buddy put an arrow through his lungs...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Pygmy said:

he weirdest one I ever saw was while bowhunting elk in New mexico..My buddy called in and killed a bull...

When he was caping it, he discovered an arrow had gone right up one of the bull's nostrils and was broken off just inside the nostril...The broadhead was imbedded in one of the bull's sinus cavities....The elk appeared perfectly healthy until my buddy put an arrow through his lungs...

my dad hit a buck in the nostril with a factory loaded 150gr Rem Cor-lokt from a 30-06. it got lodged up in there and you could see and feel it behind the hide on its face.