Anyone snowshoe?

Jeremy K

Got any recommendations for decent snow shoes? I just want something to make the late season walk a little easier ,I have no plans to go on hikes . I have trudged through some serious snow to get to spots and wished I had snowshoes. I guess it would be handy to leave in my car all winter as well.

Edited by Jeremy K

I have a pair of cabellas aluminum light weight ones I would wear for late season small game hunting.

No complaints about them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine are not Cabela's but they are smaller and aluminum. Work great. Only used them a few times but def did the job.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a pair from Cabella's which are very light-weight aluminum and Kydex., and an old-school wood and leather bear-paw set that got me across a lot of frozen creeks back in the 1970's. I don't imagine I'll use either pair again. Make me an offer. Be careful though, the wood and leather "bear paws" are worth more to city folks as decorations than they are to people who will use them. I'd rather see someone use them. They're great! Spend a day hiking with them on your feet and I can guarantee you"ll find a previously unknown muscle group. Probably spend the next day in bed eating Ibuprofen tablets. :pleasantry: :drinks:

• Like 2

Got my Tubbs from LL Bean years ago, and never regretted it! Got em for my wife, and grandkids too. Lots of use between us all and never a problem!  Perfect for hunting, or just trail walking. Light and sturdy, good in deep snow or icy slopes, with great bindings.

• Like 2

I had a pair of Cabela's for many years that have since deteriorated to a point of being NFG.  I DID get 30 years out of them though....On those I had a pair of Bob Maki bindings; priceless in my opinion.

I bought a second hand pair of LL Bean Trailblazer 36 a couple years ago and I'm going to swap the bindings that came with them with the Bob Maki's.  Maybe this thread will prompt me to do it before winter comes!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

Got any recommendations for decent snow shoes? I just want something to make the late season walk a little easier ,I have no plans to go on hikes . I have trudged through some serious snow to get to spots and wished I had snowshoes. I guess it would be handy to leave in my car all winter as well.

I have some Tubbs that were former EMS rentals(they were not uses til I got them when EMS went out of rental business by me) that are in good shape I would let go reasonable if you are interested. I upgraded to MSR's which are more aggressive frame for hiking; but these would suit more recreational use.

• Like 1

i have 2 pair , greem mountain and bearpaws, ash frames leather web. i stay away from the modern neoprene and metal frame.on purpose they just dont sound natural ..  scrape a log or on crusted snow.. like nails on a chalkboard to my ears .. a clunk of wood on wood us just a falling limb to a deer imo