Question About Tinks

DirtTime

19 minutes ago, Rob... said:

I have a bottle of Tinks #69 I bought two years ago to help the wife get a buck.

Never used it. Will it still be good to use this season? 

Im not very successful in the woods to be completely  honest.  HOWEVER, you said you have never used it.  Last year, I made a drag attached to my boot, and walked in about a good .25 mile, my dad was sitting closer to the house than I.  He had the biggest buck he has ever seen in the woods come charging in at him nose to ground.  It happened so fast, he didn't have the chance to draw his bow.

I would try it.   Can't imagine it stink any less, but who am I...

Good luck, I like your enthusiasm for your wife.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Im not very successful in the woods to be completely  honest.  HOWEVER, you said you have never used it.  Last year, I made a drag attached to my boot, and walked in about a good .25 mile, my dad was sitting closer to the house than I.  He had the biggest buck he has ever seen in the woods come charging in at him nose to ground.  It happened so fast, he didn't have the chance to draw his bow.

I would try it.   Can't imagine it stink any less, but who am I...

Good luck, I like your enthusiasm for your wife.

Thank you Bionic.

I guess my question was a bit off and not worded correctly. Will it still be good after two years?

1 minute ago, Rob... said:

Thank you Bionic.

I guess my question was a bit off and not worded correctly. Will it still be good after two years?

Clueless,  but like I said I would use it regardless.   Don't take my word though, been since 2014 that I got a good buck, lol.

3 minutes ago, bhunterED said:

It's synthetic piss so I'd think as long as it hasn't been baking in the sun or your glove box since last year it's probably fine.

Original Tinks 69 isn't synthetic.  They do make a synthetic version though.  If it hasn't been opened, I would go for it Rob.  I had a few successful hunts using the stuff. 

The original is no longer legal here in VT, and  I don't think the synthetic works as well. 

Give it a try as long as it hasn't been exposed to extreme temps you should be good. I heard it turns into formaldehyde with exposure to extreme temps and can actually spook deer if it goes bad.. According to somebody in Dicks one time..

Used Tinks last night had a basket buck standing 5 yards in front of my stand staring up at me.. Never heard him come with the wind.. Didn't even spook i think he just really wanted to know where the doe was.. Had it hanging from my ladder haha.. Gonna use antler ice this week and next...