Lets see your hunting tree stand pictures!

burmjohn

It amazes me how big some of these stands are. Not until I bought my place 4 years ago did I see these super structures out in the woods. I have three built on my property by the previous owner. One of them is huge and kind of rotting out so we don't use it. The other two are nice box blinds not high off the ground. These are some great looking and comfortable stands!

• 2 weeks later...

16' tower stand with a 6'x8' platform. It's great and comfortable when I have the kids with me, as they can stretch out, nap, move around, etc... Been securing a popup blind on it each year. I would like to enclose it, when I figure out how to!

1025101304.jpg

Edited by Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever; That looks like quite the platform! Why enclose it? I mean, untill the heavy snow flies the blind is an excellent shelter. Wondering did you use straight 16' 4x4's & where did you get the angle bracket - braces?

edit - you could put a runner over one end to another & tie off the top of the blind.

Edited by Fantail

16' tower stand with a 6'x8' platform. It's great and comfortable when I have the kids with me, as they can stretch out, nap, move around, etc... Been securing a popup blind on it each year. I would like to enclose it, when I figure out how to!

Wow that is one nice (high) stand!

Cabin Fever; That looks like quite the platform! Why enclose it? I mean, untill the heavy snow flies the blind is an excellent shelter. Wondering did you use straight 16' 4x4's & where did you get the angle bracket - braces?

edit - you could put a runner over one end to another & tie off the top of the blind.

The blind takes a beating up there. Its up near lake Ontario and that area gets hammered by lake effect snow. The fiberglass rods have been broken, holes get punched through the blind, about all the outside loops for securing the blind to the rails have been ripped off by the wind, etc... And this blind is only 2 years old! I think if I enclosed it, it would be a lot easier and less hassle each year. But, I also don't use it that much anymore. I think I hunted out of it once or twice last year from bow, gun, and muzzleloader seasons.

I just used straight 16' 4x4's. I used the elevator brackets to build it. Sure made it easy! http://www.sportsman...b.aspx?a=355434 If I could do it over again, I would have only made it 12'.

Edited by Cabin Fever

The blind takes a beating up there. Its up near lake Ontario and that area gets hammered by lake effect snow. The fiberglass rods have been broken, holes get punched through the blind, about all the outside loops for securing the blind to the rails have been ripped off by the wind, etc... And this blind is only 2 years old! I think if I enclosed it, it would be a lot easier and less hassle each year. But, I also don't use it that much anymore. I think I hunted out of it once or twice last year from bow, gun, and muzzleloader seasons.

I just used straight 16' 4x4's. I used the elevator brackets to build it. Sure made it easy! http://www.sportsman...b.aspx?a=355434 If I could do it over again, I would have only made it 12'.

You should see my ground blind after a couple of years just being on the ground. Blowing away and getting stuck in a barbed wire fence last year didnt do it any favors :rolleyes:

Those 16 footers must have been fun to work with, I was thinking 12 footers if I build a stand like that... Why do you want it lower though?

I just don't need it that high in that spot. It would have been easier to stand up too. Another thing are the stairs. It was a real hassle finding boards that long. I think they are 20'. The stairs are a little steep and are even propped up a bit by cement blocks on the ground. I just thought while I was doing it, to go BIG!

Those elevated box blinds look great. I've always been a portable tree stand hunter, but after the opening day of gun 3 years ago I am starting to think an enclosed stand might be a good thing. Heavy rains can put such a damper on sitting on a stand all day! I still like the portability of hang-ons and the suprise element of a first time location.

Those elevated box blinds look great. I've always been a portable tree stand hunter, but after the opening day of gun 3 years ago I am starting to think an enclosed stand might be a good thing. Heavy rains can put such a damper on sitting on a stand all day! I still like the portability of hang-ons and the suprise element of a first time location.

They will spoil you!! Keeps you out of the wind, rain, and cold! I have a Buddy portable propane heater for heat and a single propane burner to warm up soup and coffee. I keep a few cans of soup in there and a gallon container of coffee to warm up in a metal coffee cup used when camping. Makes long or all day sits MUCH more comfortable!! I origionally did all of this for when the kids went with me, but..... I must admit, it sure makes it nice and cozy in there! B)