Legal in NY?

Five Seasons

Browsing a website trying to find something else to buy so i can get free shipping when I saw this, I'm familiar with these conversions and honestly it's nothing I'd every buy, but I did wonder if anyone knows the legality of it in the great empire state.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/command-arms-accessories-micro-roni-conversion-w-stability-brace-for-glock-17-22.html

28 minutes ago, Belo said:

Browsing a website trying to find something else to buy so i can get free shipping when I saw this, I'm familiar with these conversions and honestly it's nothing I'd every buy, but I did wonder if anyone knows the legality of it in the great empire state.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/command-arms-accessories-micro-roni-conversion-w-stability-brace-for-glock-17-22.html

No that would turn your pistol into a short barrel rifle .

You would need a special license for that  probably impossible to get in this state unless you are in lawinforcment or a FFL dealer 

1 hour ago, Storm914 said:

No that would turn your pistol into a short barrel rifle .

You would need a special license for that  probably impossible to get in this state unless you are in lawinforcment or a FFL dealer 

technically it's not. there's a 5 minute video on the website that i can't seem to link to. he talks about it not having the length of a rifle, no butt stock and a fin, not a front grip and stuff. 

1 hour ago, Belo said:

technically it's not. there's a 5 minute video on the website that i can't seem to link to. he talks about it not having the length of a rifle, no butt stock and a fin, not a front grip and stuff. 

Yea right a wrist brace lol I'm sure even slingshots with wrist braces are illegal in NY state just imagine that thing which  obviously  can be  used as a  shoulder stock  .  Anything with a  shoulder stock needs to have a 16inch barrel .  And then if you do that you have  created  carbine with a pistol grip and detachable magazine which means it's still illegal in this state  . 

I guess technically you can buy the parts and dont put it together until you leave the state or the zombie apocalypse starts :)

Edited by Storm914

1 hour ago, ny hunter said:

Belo when  ever I am looking to buy something I always buy more ammo...

56 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I see they are selling that rear portion as a stabilizer and meant to wrap your forearm and not be shouldered. Seems like not much benefit for what it could cost if in the sight of the wrong LEO. 

yeah i should reiterate that I am not, nor was I ever really interested in this. Just thought it was an interesting topic.

This is the pistol that Lamar (Don Stroud) used in the movie Joe Kidd .

Lamarr Simms (Don Stroud) carries a C96 "Broomhandle" Mauser as his weapon of choice in the film, and fits the unique holster/stock combo to the back of the grip to shoulder the pistol like a rifle. Joe Kidd (Clint Eastwood) later uses it when escaping from the bounty hunters, and shows us that in Hollywood a ten shot pistol can fire about 30 rounds and lock empty several times before actually needing to be reloaded.

400px-C96STOCK.jpg

• Like 1