New Rifle build

NYBowhunter

shoots great . I have it at an inch and a half high at 100 and it shoots nice groups.  I have the ruger .450.  I carried almost the whole gun season.  Liked it cause it was small and light to carry and easy to move around in the treestand.  I ended up liking it better than i thought i would.  BUt never got a chance to send it at a live target all year..  rps20180620_165330.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, rob-c said:

I’m a ruger guy so I might be a bit biased, but dang very nice.. 

Thx. The only other ruger i own is a 22 hornet and love it. The fit and finish on this ruger is amazing and it shoulders very nicely. Also like yourself i got it because its so compact and i was intrigued by the 450 bushmaster round. Thats some great groups and great shooting on your part.  Hope mine shoots as good.

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

shoots great . I have it at an inch and a half high at 100 and it shoots nice groups.  I have the ruger .450.  I carried almost the whole gun season.  Liked it cause it was small and light to carry and easy to move around in the treestand.  I ended up liking it better than i thought i would.  BUt never got a chance to send it at a live target all year..  rps20180620_165330.jpg

BTW, nice rifles. I was very close to getting the one you have, but lets just say im a sucker for stainless steal and that charcoal laminate stock sealed the deal. Unfortunately with the wood stock it gains a couple lbs over your rig,  on a positive note i hope the heavier stock will help with the felt recoil.

1 minute ago, NYBowhunter said:

BTW, nice rifles. I was very close to getting the one you have, but lets just say im a sucker for stainless steal and that charcoal laminate stock sealed the deal. Unfortunately with the wood stock it gains a couple lbs over your rig,  on a positive note i hope the heavier stock will help with the felt recoil.

thought the recoil was gonna be a lot more.  Was surprised.  it wasnt as much as my 12 g or any more than 30-06. its become my new everyday gun.  I am not a guy to shoot over 200 yards ever and most places i hunt there is even rarely the oppurtunity. Didnt even know you could build a rifle like that - you got a winner.  That gun is sweet. 

That is a classy piece of shootin iron!!! Looks like she’s probably pretty heavy!

The bushy is becoming my favorite cartridge I now have 6 guns chambered in it, it does just about everything a 45/70 does with less recoil and in way cooler guns. I’m just waiting for the day a company makes one in a semi that’s not an AR, something like a bar in a carbine would be one hell of a deer rifle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

thought the recoil was gonna be a lot more.  Was surprised.  it wasnt as much as my 12 g or any more than 30-06. its become my new everyday gun.  I am not a guy to shoot over 200 yards ever and most places i hunt there is even rarely the oppurtunity. Didnt even know you could build a rifle like that - you got a winner.  That gun is sweet. 

Thats good to know on the recoil, thx again.

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

That is a classy piece of shootin iron!!! Looks like she’s probably pretty heavy!

The bushy is becoming my favorite cartridge I now have 6 guns chambered in it, it does just about everything a 45/70 does with less recoil and in way cooler guns. I’m just waiting for the day a company makes one in a semi that’s not an AR, something like a bar in a carbine would be one hell of a deer rifle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx. You know what i didnt even notice the weight. I know its 7.5 lbs naked, probably 8lbs with scope and rings, but im not trekking the ADK's anytime soon...lol...the furthest i need to go is a  20 munute  trek up my mountain , then i sit so not concerned about the weight.  Wow 6 chambered in the 450, thats impressive. I was very close to getting a marlin 45-70, until i stumbled on the ruget #1 in 450, yes way cooler

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NYBowhunter said:

Thx. The only other ruger i own is a 22 hornet and love it. The fit and finish on this ruger is amazing and it shoulders very nicely. Also like yourself i got it because its so compact and i was intrigued by the 450 bushmaster round. Thats some great groups and great shooting on your part.  Hope mine shoots as good.

Wrong rob, but yes I agree with all you said.