WNY comes to Region 3 - - Meetup

BizCT

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Hahaha at least they seem to look out for us gringos down there. Probably we're ready for a shakedown of your in-laws a little cash and they look the other way lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Might be - I also recall my first visit where we had a flat tire and cops pulled up.  My wife (then fiancé) said in no uncertain terms - let me talk and don't go anywhere with the police.  She explained later that they might shake me down.  I have learned over time what I should and shouldn't do down there.

11 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Random thoughts , this is one of the politest forums I’m a member of .

Everyone ive met has been a good person .

Made some good friends .

Ive had offers of help from  getting deer out,  to building a bridge across drainage ditches from  members . Bought and sold things here from stands to furniture all smooth deals . Sent members gifts and received some as well .

Ive just can’t wrap my head around the few who think “ bad things would happen” at a met and greet . Perhaps that’s a reflection upon them more then us ?

I couldn't agree more Larry. I met you and a few other WNY guys while hunting with moog. What a great bunch of guy's, and such a great time!!! I've met quite a few others from here too, that live closer to home. And every one of em have been stand up guys. I've made some lifelong friends from this forum! Some I have yet to meet!

I really wanted to go to the last meet up a couple weeks ago, and was planning to ride down with Jdubs, a member that I've had the honor of hunting with. There are some guys down there, I've been wanting to meet for a long time!!! But sadly, on doctors orders, a pretty serious medical issue made me bow out at the last minute. I'm now working on getting better though! I will look forward to meeting as many members from here as I can in the future! What a great group we have!!!

Any opportunity to go to a M&G is surely an opportunity missed by all those who do not attend.

Have fun guy's!!  

• Like 4

I have seen a few in Guatemala.  My wife's family home is in a scary area of Guatemala city.  
Funny story - I obviously stand out as a big gringo down there.  One night I was in a car driving with my 2 brother-in-laws and cops stopped us and pulled me aside thinking I may have been kidnapped.  lol  They were surprised when I spoke Spanish.

Same thing happened to me in New Rochelle in 2004. I was in a car with a bunch of Puerto Rican’s and the cop kept asking me “if there anythinggggg you want to tell me or give me a signal”. I kept saying no I’m Fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, grampy said:

I couldn't agree more Larry. I met you and a few other WNY guys while hunting with moog. What a great bunch of guy's, and such a great time!!! I've met quite a few others from here too, that live closer to home. And every one of em have been stand up guys. I've made some lifelong friends from this forum! Some I have yet to meet!

I really wanted to go to the last meet up a couple weeks ago, and was planning to ride down with Jdubs, a member that I've had the honor of hunting with. There are some guys down there, I've been wanting to meet for a long time!!! But sadly, on doctors orders, a pretty serious medical issue made me bow out at the last minute. I'm now working on getting better though! I will look forward to meeting as many members from here as I can in the future! What a great group we have!!!

Any opportunity to go to a M&G is surely an opportunity missed by all those who do not attend.

Have fun guy's!!  

Been Wondering about you.  But saw you were on here this morning a little but hadn't heard much and was wondering. Hope all is ok and best of luck to you

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Thanks 1

I would have to leave work early, pay $10-$12 to ride a train an hour, then spend $25-$40 to take a cab over to the Hudson and spend another $10 to get home to a most likely pissed off wife and end up taking the kids by myself on a weekend as her pay back...and I'm still trying to make it.
If someone doesn't share the same level of enthusiasm and comraderies for hunting then it's no lost for me if I don't get to meet them.

See you Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same thing happened to me in New Rochelle in 2004. I was in a car with a bunch of Puerto Rican’s and the cop kept asking me “if there anythinggggg you want to tell me or give me a signal”. I kept saying no I’m Fine

How did he know you weren’t Puerto Rican??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1

Have fun guy's!!  
Jdubs is good people

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ODYSSEUS said:

Now wait--- just wait a minuteeee- I thought Crappyice is the School Teacher. How can he be Nasty?

Crappy went to the hood to teach underprivilege kids because he thought he could make a difference.  Then he got spit on and chewed out and he went home defeated.  He then got some sage advice from grampy and dinsdale and came back determined.  Saved some kids by confronting the drug kingpin, learned how to break dance, and speak ebonics.  He even shoots his handguns sideways.  Now he's down with the homies.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Crappy went to the hood to teach underprivilege kids because he thought he could make a difference.  Then he got spit on and chewed out and he went home defeated.  He then got some sage advice from grampy and dinsdale and came back determined.  Saved some kids by confronting the drug kingpin, learned how to break dance, and speak ebonics.  He even shoots his handguns sideways.  Now he's down with the homies.

SAVAGE

Crappy do the other teachers know  you hunt and like guns ? 
If they don't  I would keep that a secret that you hunt  and have guns  if you teach anyplace near the city crappy. Some  liberal  parents or teachers could  complain make a big deal about it .

I am not ashamed of who I am nor am I defined by my hobby. No reason to hide. Not only does the community know I hunt, I have fed many of them game and had many to my house for game dinners. Many liberal non-hunters have since come to appreciate what I do.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

You see maybe if you guys look more like this  more members would show up .

But as it stands now  not really motivated to go to a salami convection in White Plains :)

and seeing chef walking around with no pants with 45 hanging from his junk :)

images.jpeg.jpg

How many excuses is that now ? 

Hell the dude looks like freaking Grizzly Adams! Definitely never in a million years would I have pegged him for an English teacher

Again...FU - this Jerkman is sick! I wouldn’t EVER let you peg me ....EVER!!!

• Like 1