My soon to be new to me truck.

rob-c

33 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

They are over rated. Dura tracs are the way to go, trust me. I've had ta/ko's,Grabbers, yokahomas, and dura tracs. They outlasted all the above by 2x. Currently have 40k on these. Amazing in mud and snow. Not overly noisy 57584a48fe118a94ccbe07bd77def636.jpg&key=56209ad184687515c62e6e3e5353a20d89010ef64cb3ca652772799f00c0b388

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I’ve run Goodyear’s with the silent armor on my 07 and they did  very well in everything i drove them in but I could never get them to balance. Plus I believe there are tires just as good but cheaper priced. When looking up reviews of all tire makes / brands everyone has good and bad to say about them. 

I’m running Falken Wildpeak A/T3’s now and while I love the look and performance of them I’m afraid of how many miles I’ll get out of them. Right now they have about 18k on them and I don’t think I’ll get more than 40k out of them if that. Dura Tracks might be my next set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I’m running Falken Wildpeak A/T3’s now and while I love the look and performance of them I’m afraid of how many miles I’ll get out of them. Right now they have about 18k on them and I don’t think I’ll get more than 40k out of them if that. Dura Tracks might be my next set.

Interesting, I have been looking at the Falkin’s also and really haven’t read anything bad about them. And tons of guys have said how they are getting high milage wear from them. 

I just
Got 76k miles out of the Goodyear’s that came on my GMC. I’ve never even made it to 36k on a set before. Needless to say I put another set on (in truth I should have changed them at around 65-70k but I was heading into summer. I’m still impressed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve run Goodyear’s with the silent armor on my 07 and they did  very well in everything i drove them in but I could never get them to balance. Plus I believe there are tires just as good but cheaper priced. When looking up reviews of all tire makes / brands everyone has good and bad to say about them. 
If you find a better tire for cheaper, let me know !

This is my 3rd truck with them. First was a 3/4 ton. Got 60k out of them and traded it in, they passed inspection. Second was my 14' 1/2 ton. Had 36k when traded in, plenty of meat left, and then the pic I took today, another half ton with 40k. In my personal experience there isn't a tire that compares to traction and longevity.

If your in a pinch, get them from Wally world and get the 0% for 18mo. They also price match if they don't have the cheapest already.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Interesting, I have been looking at the Falkin’s also and really haven’t read anything bad about them. And tons of guys have said how they are getting high milage wear from them. 

This is about 17,500 miles in. I’d say it’s close to half way so maybe I’ll get between 40-50k. I wish I still had the new tire picture to compare them. 857c53414725b07117eb7f12f9b4dd61.jpg

19 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

This is about 17,500 miles in. I’d say it’s close to half way so maybe I’ll get between 40-50k. I wish I still had the new tire picture to compare them. 857c53414725b07117eb7f12f9b4dd61.jpg

How often have you rotated them? Those tires are cuped bad, you need new front shocks/ struts. What’s your milage on your truck and have you ever replaced shocks, struts ?

• Like 1

How often have you rotated them? Those tires are cuped bad, you need new front shocks/ struts. What’s your milage on your truck and have you ever replaced shocks, struts ?

I think the angle I took the picture on makes it worse than what it is but it is slightly uneven. The truck is almost at 90,000 with all original shocks and struts.

I rotate every oil change and have had 2 sets of BF Goodrich ATs and one set of duratracs.   None lasted much more than 32-35k.   I will say that the duratracs were great in snow but got loud when worn at the end.  The duratracs did more miles than the Goodrich.  Will be shopping for a set come fall.  

54 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I think the angle I took the picture on makes it worse than what it is but it is slightly uneven. The truck is almost at 90,000 with all original shocks and struts.

I highly recommend you do shocks ,struts. if you do, look into buying the quick struts they are usually cheaper than buying just struts. Check prices on rock auto.. 

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

I rotate every oil change and have had 2 sets of BF Goodrich ATs and one set of duratracs.   None lasted much more than 32-35k.   I will say that the duratracs were great in snow but got loud when worn at the end.  The duratracs did more miles than the Goodrich.  Will be shopping for a set come fall.  

The more research I have been doing it seems the faulkin wildpeak at3w A/T’s are just as good as the duratracs but way cheaper. I think I am going to try them come fall. I will say on my 07 I put firestone A/T’s and they are holding up very well and the snow traction has been good. 

1 minute ago, rob-c said:

The more research I have been doing it seems the faulkin wildpeak at3w A/T’s are just as good as the duratracs but way cheaper. I think I am going to try them come fall. I will say on my 07 I put firestone A/T’s and they are holding up very well and the snow traction has been good. 

I was looking at the Falkens last go around but found 4 new BF Goodrich for under $800 shipped.   Too good to pass up.  Especially for 35” tires.  They are decent and quiet.  Come stock on my truck.  But they don’t last long at least for me. 

20 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I was looking at the Falkens last go around but found 4 new BF Goodrich for under $800 shipped.   Too good to pass up.  Especially for 35” tires.  They are decent and quiet.  Come stock on my truck.  But they don’t last long at least for me. 

Can’t blame you for that, that’s a good price for bfg’s. I was window shopping for prices on the faulkin’s and the local Walmart  has them for $158 each and that’s a LT tire not a P metric. So I am going to pull the trigger on them. 

I highly recommend you do shocks ,struts. if you do, look into buying the quick struts they are usually cheaper than buying just struts. Check prices on rock auto.. 

What I’m hearing is a small lift with bigger tires. When should I come over for your help?

Lol.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

What I’m hearing is a small lift with bigger tires. When should I come over for your help?

Lol.

Hey you going to be in there any ways, might as well 8)..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Looky who I saw on the X-way on the way to work this morning - truck looks great!

Rob probably thought "who is this a-hole driver zooming up on me"?

IMG_7921.jpg

Dang that’s some  pretty good multi tasking, I had the Cruze set at 76. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Had duellers  on my dodge they were great in all wether and off road . Got 60k plus  on them . Price went through the roof  on second  set. Then they changed the compound  on Dueller 2s. Didn't get the best ratings .  Now they came out with dueller 3s  I haven't heard about them yet.

2 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Had duellers  on my dodge they were great in all wether and off road . Got 60k plus  on them . Price went through the roof  on second  set. Then they changed the compound  on Dueller 2s. Didn't get the best ratings .  Now they came out with dueller 3s  I haven't heard about them yet.

not sure what's on my 16 silverado, but the mileage and wear is good so far at under 20k and the traction is great and noise almost nonexistent. but yeah they're not cheap.

33 minutes ago, Belo said:

not sure what's on my 16 silverado, but the mileage and wear is good so far at under 20k and the traction is great and noise almost nonexistent. but yeah they're not cheap.

Part of the issue is that we or I like the big lug offroad looking tires and they are not really the best for mileage, noise or snow/rain.  So I try to find a happy compromise for the sissy truck.  Between duratracs and the AT KO2, I like the quiet ride of the ATs but I will be darned if they will last more than 30k.  I probably could push the duratracs to 40k if I could live with the noise as they wear.  Both are decent in snow.  Or I could skip looks and go to a more traditional road tire but then the raptor will start having a complex, especially since it has a carpeted bed already.  lol

• Like 4