My soon to be new to me truck.

rob-c

Congrats on the new truck belo.  I did not know they had z71 and RST in the same model.  Looks nice!  As for the previous discussion of tires, the new rubber on the jeep are Nitto Ridge Grapplers and as aggressive as they look, ride really quiet.  My buddy who has had them for over a year said they are very durable and good in snow too.  Only downside is weight.

3 hours ago, Belo said:

picked mine up yesterday after turning in my 16 lease. needed a crew cab and worried about the short box, but don't really have a choice. So far my only complaint is that they removed the overhead sunglass holder... like wtf? You have all these neat features and something so basic but useful get tossed aside?

004.thumb.JPG.ed1bed95ed105581a3dc3d32fc7da039.JPG007.thumb.JPG.5c63807c0cde116f1556e11fc9686620.JPG002.thumb.JPG.33fd92c7de31528698e4613f716fb1d4.JPG

Damn that looks sweet Belo!! I traded my crew cab in last year when I got my Colorado. Figured since I didn't have kids to tote around anymore, I would just get the extended cab. BIG MISTAKE!! I miss having that full backseat for throwing our hunting stuff in, groceries, or whatever else I want to put back there! From now on, I'll gladly sacrifice 2' of bed space for that full back seat! Glad I only got a 2 year lease! B)

41 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Damn that looks sweet Belo!! I traded my crew cab in last year when I got my Colorado. Figured since I didn't have kids to tote around anymore, I would just get the extended cab. BIG MISTAKE!! I miss having that full backseat for throwing our hunting stuff in, groceries, or whatever else I want to put back there! From now on, I'll gladly sacrifice 2' of bed space for that full back seat! Glad I only got a 2 year lease! B)

the double cab silverado is plenty spacious for hunting gear and groceries, especially with the seats flipped up, but I can def understand the colorado being too small. I just didn't have a choice with 3 kids and a dog

this is the double for comparison

002.thumb.JPG.4d02d490b377f0bffac270ca82b82bde.JPG

• Like 2

picked mine up yesterday after turning in my 16 lease. needed a crew cab and worried about the short box, but don't really have a choice. So far my only complaint is that they removed the overhead sunglass holder... like wtf? You have all these neat features and something so basic but useful get tossed aside?
004.thumb.JPG.ed1bed95ed105581a3dc3d32fc7da039.JPG007.thumb.JPG.5c63807c0cde116f1556e11fc9686620.JPG002.thumb.JPG.33fd92c7de31528698e4613f716fb1d4.JPG

Sweet rig !!!

Sunglasses holder.....
Haven't found a pair that will fit in there yet ! You can have mine !!!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

Sweet rig !!!

Sunglasses holder.....
Haven't found a pair that will fit in there yet ! You can have mine !!!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

i have a pair of raybans that fit nice and my under armor "sport pair" are snug, but fit in the 16. just odd that instead of making it bigger they just removed it all together. thanks GM.

9 hours ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Nice truck belo, considering a rst when they come available with the 6.2l. I have about 6 months of lease left so ive been shopping around. The new rams are very nice, test drove a laramie a few weeks ago. Big decisions by the start of winter for me.

yeah my lease was due in Sept. but they called saying they'd buy it out and it's truck month, blah blah blah. It worked out well because this helps with our summer trips instead of squeezing in the dbl again for another season. 

• Like 1

I really need to start thinking about my next truck. I am driving a 13 Silverado Extended Cab LTZ. It has 93k on it. Trucks have gotten so ridiculously expensive I might have to forgo some options. I love the full center console instead of the bench, which I am pretty sure you only get that in the LTZ. Remote start, heated/cooled seats, bose stereo, I don't care about the leather but those other options are nice. To get that stuff now you are talking 60k. My truck is probably worth somewhere around 17-18k trade in. I can't afford a car payment owing $40,000.00 plus....I need to start looking at whats out there.....

3 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

That is like a new truck compared to my 2008 Nissan Titan...lol. Hell, the only amenity I have is Air Conditioning.  No power anything. 

it has AC, AM/FM radio, and cruise. nothing else. no power anything either. it's almost brand new! has around 40,000k miles on it right now. it was around 25k miles when i bought it a year or so ago. i need it to work like a truck and get me from point A to B. lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dbHunterNY said:

it has AC, AM/FM radio, and cruise. nothing else. no power anything either. it's almost brand new! has around 40,000k miles on it right now. it was around 25k miles when i bought it a year or so ago. i need it to work like a truck and get me from point A to B. lol

I wish I had cruise. Biggest thing I miss. 175k miles and still ticking. 

I may be looking for a new truck again as well. The 2016 Titan xD I bought for my wife last year has been in the shop for 3 weeks now with a unsure time of completion. Could be weeks could be months they are telling me. Some crap about parts on world wide back order waiting for various companies to make the parts still.
Not happy being told I might not have my truck back for months. Wife has been on the phone with Nissan corporate trying to get them to do something for us. Apparently there are 4 thousand other people waiting for the same parts also. All I know is they better be giving me another truck to drive as this Altima is not cutting it.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

i'm cheap i'm rocking an 2013 extended cab stripped down GMC work truck. lol nice truck Belo!

a 13 isn't old lol. You spend your money where it matters to you, and what others do should never matter. 

2 hours ago, ApexerER said:

I really need to start thinking about my next truck. I am driving a 13 Silverado Extended Cab LTZ. It has 93k on it. Trucks have gotten so ridiculously expensive I might have to forgo some options. I love the full center console instead of the bench, which I am pretty sure you only get that in the LTZ. Remote start, heated/cooled seats, bose stereo, I don't care about the leather but those other options are nice. To get that stuff now you are talking 60k. My truck is probably worth somewhere around 17-18k trade in. I can't afford a car payment owing $40,000.00 plus....I need to start looking at whats out there.....

yeah most of what you're talking about isn't on my truck except the heated seats and remote start. For reference the truck above is an RST z71 and is ~$50k. It has plenty of nice things, but you're getting into the 60's with some of the stuff you mentioned haha.

It's honestly why i started leasing trucks. I dont drive that much, turned the 16 in with only 19k on it. The payments are affordable and I dont have to worry about a warranty. My wife's explorer is about paid off and my pontiac which i drive in the summer has been paid off. If you dont mind not owning your truck and dont drive more than 10k a year, leasing isn't a bad idea. I even added running boards, tonnoeau cover and intake to my lease. Just have to take it off when you turn it in.

Edited by Belo

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

a 13 isn't old lol. You spend your money where it matters to you, and what others do should never matter. 

yeah most of what you're talking about isn't on my truck except the heated seats and remote start. For reference the truck above is an RST z71 and is ~$50k. It has plenty of nice things, but you're getting into the 60's with some of the stuff you mentioned haha.

It's honestly why i started leasing trucks. I dont drive that much, turned the 16 in with only 19k on it. The payments are affordable and I dont have to worry about a warranty. My wife's explorer is about paid off and my pontiac which i drive in the summer has been paid off. If you dont mind not owning your truck and dont drive more than 10k a year, leasing isn't a bad idea. I even added running boards, tonnoeau cover and intake to my lease. Just have to take it off when you turn it in.

it wasn't saying anything about your decision to get your truck. doesn't matter to me what you spend your money on.  just stating you'll be driving around in a much nicer truck than mine. happy for ya. sorry if it came across any different.  i mean seriously, if i did care what people thought of the truck i drove around in i'd be driving something like a new Silverado RST Z71.

lol i could agree with the lease being a smart move under those circumstances of use.

30 minutes ago, Belo said:

I drive more than 10k a year or I would lease for sure. I am right around 15k. I don't want to be constantly worried about how many miles I am putting on....My truck is a little over 6 years old and I think it has 93k miles on it. Might be a little more, I know it hasn't turned 100k yet. That is actually a little more than 15000 miles a year. I only live 8 miles from work...but running my 14 year old daughter to soccer practice 4 days a week, traveling for all her games, not to mention taking the boat to the lake, going snowmobiling or to my hunting lease and my truck doesn't sit around much.

23 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I drive more than 10k a year or I would lease for sure. I am right around 15k. I don't want to be constantly worried about how many miles I am putting on....My truck is a little over 6 years old and I think it has 93k miles on it. Might be a little more, I know it hasn't turned 100k yet. That is actually a little more than 15000 miles a year. I only live 8 miles from work...but running my 14 year old daughter to soccer practice 4 days a week, traveling for all her games, not to mention taking the boat to the lake, going snowmobiling or to my hunting lease and my truck doesn't sit around much.

it will be reflected inthe pricing but you can negotiate the lease price with 10k,12k 15,000 miles a year. I got my wife a Murano years back and told them to price for 15 a year becasue I knew she would use it. It is cheaper that way than paying overages. 

it will be reflected inthe pricing but you can negotiate the lease price with 10k,12k 15,000 miles a year. I got my wife a Murano years back and told them to price for 15 a year becasue I knew she would use it. It is cheaper that way than paying overages. 
Wife's jetta is 15k per yr.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I may be looking for a new truck again as well. The 2016 Titan default_sarcastic_blum.gif I bought for my wife last year has been in the shop for 3 weeks now with a unsure time of completion. Could be weeks could be months they are telling me. Some crap about parts on world wide back order waiting for various companies to make the parts still.
Not happy being told I might not have my truck back for months. Wife has been on the phone with Nissan corporate trying to get them to do something for us. Apparently there are 4 thousand other people waiting for the same parts also. All I know is they better be giving me another truck to drive as this Altima is not cutting it.
What parts are you waiting for??

I have a 17 Titan with around 30,000 and cannot imagine having my vehicle tied up for weeks in the shop.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

What parts are you waiting for??

I have a 17 Titan with around 30,000 and cannot imagine having my vehicle tied up for weeks in the shop.

Turbo control module plus more turbo related stuff and possibly egr? I don’t really know for sure as the dealer isn’t sure either. Nissan engineers told them they have a handful of parts coming and to swap everything they send out. But then a few days later they call and tell me about the backorder.

We have 42k I believe on ours. It has then Cummins diesel. Do you have the diesel or gas?

Turbo control module plus more turbo related stuff and possibly egr? I don’t really know for sure as the dealer isn’t sure either. Nissan engineers told them they have a handful of parts coming and to swap everything they send out. But then a few days later they call and tell me about the backorder.

We have 42k I believe on ours. It has then Cummins diesel. Do you have the diesel or gas?
Knock on wood I have the gas and things are going good. Man that sucks about the turbo....wish ya all the luck!

Knock on wood I have the gas and things are going good. Man that sucks about the turbo....wish ya all the luck!

You should be fine with the gasser. That engine has been around since 2004 with solid reliability. A guy I work with just bought a 19 gas engine Titan and he’s back in the shop but not for engine issues. His AC system wouldn’t work. They told him blown O-ring on the compressor.

On 6/28/2019 at 1:37 PM, dbHunterNY said:

it wasn't saying anything about your decision to get your truck. doesn't matter to me what you spend your money on.  just stating you'll be driving around in a much nicer truck than mine. happy for ya. sorry if it came across any different.  i mean seriously, if i did care what people thought of the truck i drove around in i'd be driving something like a new Silverado RST Z71.

lol i could agree with the lease being a smart move under those circumstances of use.

oh i dind't mean anything by my response either. wires crossed haha.

On 6/28/2019 at 1:51 PM, ApexerER said:

yeah you dont want to worry about the miles. owning is the way to go if you drive a lot or like to tinker

On 6/28/2019 at 2:16 PM, Culvercreek hunt club said:

i think at a 15k lease you're better off buying. maybe some situations vary, but that's why you generally only see the ultra low mileage lease options advertised.