My soon to be new to me truck.

rob-c

11 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Once and press memory. If you can’t adjust a seat, you’re screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screwed as in "life ain't worth living" or just a pain in the ass?

You need wallpaper buddy.......... :)

• Haha 1

I have to drive to NJ for business tomorrow and this is my rental. It’s a base model so I won’t judge too harsh, but it’s not very comfortable. Peppy though and the brakes are super tight at only 6k miles.

I’m 6’1 and feel like I’m sitting way to high in this thing and there’s no way to lower the seat. Not great visibility and idk what the heck someone could use the bed for. My bucks legs would be popping out lol
6881eb1ff698cf839525ce78f5b2c8cc.jpg&key=1cd2ec36a2dc8dea21580656f8eea4698429305d604d7458941f48f4fa7a7096

When I was shopping for a “family” truck I needed 4 doors and room for my daughter and dog in back seat. Thought I wanted a Tacoma but at a little over 6ft tall my hat constantly hit the roof in the Tacoma’s and couldn’t stand the blind spots and weird power of the Canyon/Colorado ended up buying a frontier and I live it so far.

I have yet to have an issue with the short bed and I’m sure I can figure out a way to fit my deer in it.

I have an F250 as well so I wasn’t too concerned about the bed size and was a little worried at first but have yet to have an issue.

• Like 1

Screwed as in "life ain't worth living" or just a pain in the ass?
You need wallpaper buddy..........

Screwed as in there’s no way it’s comfortable if you can’t adjust the height

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

couldn’t stand the blind spots and weird power of the Canyon/Colorado ende

Ha , I find my Colorado, to have great mirrors , and really good visibility when I turn my head to look to the side . The Outback I feel  has bad blind  spots .

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

So, circling back to @rob-c, how’s the new truck?

Well to make a long story short I had to call and get the general manager involved today. If all goes like he says I should have it by Saturday. Lets just say the sales lady we had left a lot to be desired. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Well to make a long story short I had to call and get the general manager involved today. If all goes like he says I should have it by Saturday. Lets just say the sales lady we had left a lot to be desired. 

Gotta love car dealers....I am still currently waiting for Ray Price Ford near the Pocono’s to call me back on a vehicle, sitting at just over 2 yrs, and 40k miles ago...

8 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Gotta love car dealers....I am still currently waiting for Ray Price Ford near the Pocono’s to call me back on a vehicle, sitting at just over 2 yrs, and 40k miles ago...

At this particular stealership we met the 3 weeks in new general manager when we test drove the truck. And in a round about way it sounded like he was there to clean house. One doesn’t see these trucks very often so I am being patient, I told the GM on the phone if this were a run of the mill f150 I would have told them to pound salt days ago. 

Edited by rob-c

19 minutes ago, rob-c said:

At this particular stealership we met the 3 weeks in new general manager when we test drove the truck. And in a round about way it sounded like he was there to clean house. One doesn’t see these trucks very often so I am being patient, I told the GM on the phone if this were a run of the mill f150 I would have told them to pound salt days ago. 

I hear you! I really do understand that, I had a hell if a time finding the EXACT combination of color/options/motor in an Escape I wanted.  So when you find it, it feels like you’re stuck to a point to tolerate some BS.  Good luck, hope it all goes smoothly.  Its none of my business, but the truck looked spotless that you posted, so I don’t understand what they are doing, other than being lazy.  Hoping for the best for you.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I hear you! I really do understand that, I had a hell if a time finding the EXACT combination of color/options/motor in an Escape I wanted.  So when you find it, it feels like you’re stuck to a point to tolerate some BS.  Good luck, hope it all goes smoothly.  Its none of my business, but the truck looked spotless that you posted, so I don’t understand what they are doing, other than being lazy.  Hoping for the best for you.

You nailed it with the Lazy comment. You would think she would want the money from the sale.. 

Edited by rob-c

3 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Well it sure didn’t look booming when we were there. For a dealership it was small and maybe had 20-30 vehicles on the lot. 

Makes you wonder why right? Lol

I had the same dealer on a separate vehicle tell me the bosses daughter was using the vehicle I was inquiring about.  I asked when it was expected back, they had no idea when, so I them that the bosses daughter is out whooping the hell out of this vehicle, and you don’t know when its coming back?....I said thats fine, not interested if the spoiled daughter comes before a potential customer.  Hate buying phones, and vehicles. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

When I leased my current full size I wanted a mid size but the programs were such that the payments were much higher. I looked at the Frontier and the Canyon. There was no lease program on the Tacoma at the time, that was my first choice

The ranger is selling like hotcakes , should be plenty of field testing done when you're ready to switch. 

• Like 2

The ranger is selling like hotcakes , should be plenty of field testing done when you're ready to switch. 

It looks sweet! I built one online yesterday, but it came Out to $45K and then i realized it didn’t even have leather so I had to
Start over

On 3/25/2019 at 6:41 PM, Storm914 said:

Are you going off road ? Don't see why you would take a truck instead of a nice luxury rental  car which will run you about the same price  .

that was my only option besides a silverado. I would never buy one of these. It really struggles at higher speeds, the ride is rough. It doesn't have auto headlights or climate, feels top heavy on turns, is super loud in the cabin and is just not comfortable.

On 3/25/2019 at 8:20 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

No power seats? That’s a non starter for me. That might be worse than cloth seats

yeah it's the worst. 5.5 hours yesterday and another 5.5 today that i'm not looking forward to.

On 3/25/2019 at 8:29 PM, Stay at home Nomad said:

You must shoot some monsters, mine always fit on this or in a mini van . My bed is 5’2” plenty of room .

37A0E612-0DCD-4F94-AA5F-70013F2E9F8E.jpeg

I like to travel discreetly, not for any other reason than that i'm a private person. deer fit in my silverado with the tanaue cover down. I don't consider your pic above "fitting" haha. But he is a bruiser, congrats!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

It looks sweet! I built one online yesterday, but it came Out to $45K and then i realized it didn’t even have leather so I had to
Start over

Wont find many incentives either til sales slow down .