Rattler

6 more weeks

I took my 8 point to the taxidermist the day before Thanksgiving. 

Called him yesterday to get an estimated completion date.  I was told 6 more weeks. 

He's a great taxidermist who does excellent work and he said he was trying to take less each year, but it's not happening.  Can't wait to get it back though.

• Like 4

As I recall, that was a beautiful eight point. Can't wait to see the finished mount, when done!

Good taxidermy work can take up to a year. Especially if they take in more than they planned to. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

• Like 2

I’m feeling the same way waiting for mine. I called and they blamed the tanner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will take some good photos for you guys when I get it back.  I asked for a semi-sneak position looking to it's right, just as it was when I shot.

• Like 1

I have not heard of any taxidermist who can do fast, good, and inexpensive.   Usually, you have to pick two.   I always go for good and inexpensive.   

I called my guy to give him my cell number since I canceled my home phone and he is still in Florida.  But he told me prob June when I dropped it off. Def looking forward to it too.  My first mount. Well deer anyway. 

I also went with a semi sneak but no turn. It's going on a middle wall in living room so thought that pose would work best.  Deer was looking away from me when I shot him so didn't go with that pose. Lol. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2