What Deer Management unit do you hunt?

wellsley

4w Have 300+ acres town of Hancock, village of Harvard right off route 30. im the youngest member (21 yrs old) and one of the only bowhunters in the club.  Good numbers of deer, big bodies. I took 2 doe and a buck off the property so far.

That looks pretty interchangeable with our farm, maybe the grade on our hill is a bit steeper but same deal on the south side of the hill.  Nice and flat on top though, lot's of fields!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have hunted Pittstown state forest in 4L for 20 years now. A few years ago I started hunting Tibbets also. I live in CNY now so I don't get down there too often but if I still have a tag on Thanksgiving I will go for a morning hunt. My folks still live in the area and I am going home for Moms Thanksgiving feast! Next year I am gonna start bowhunting and my buddy has a spot in Albany county so I will be down there a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone hunt the state forests in southern 4 O- Steam Mill, Arctic China, Melondy?

Trying to scope out areas for a future purchase, but wont be able to swing any significant acreage, so will be counting on state land to hunt.. It's a 4 hour run for me, which is about my limit.

How's the hunting pressure, other than opening weekend??

Thanks! 

• 2 months later...

4w Have 300+ acres town of Hancock, village of Harvard right off route 30. im the youngest member (21 yrs old) and one of the only bowhunters in the club.  Good numbers of deer, big bodies. I took 2 doe and a buck off the property so far.

Also hunt 4W not too far from you. about 7 miles from east branch. Pass Harvard an way to Youngs butcher. Got a doe with bow, my brother shot a nice 6pt on opening day. We have a  250 acres and that's all we got out of 12 hunters. We only take doe with bow not gun and no spikes. But not to many guys bow hunt anymore.

Dave

• 6 months later...