Corona Virus Thread

The big question is whether Fauci will be with the Trump team until this thing ends?  Trump dumps people more often than I change my socks, so the odds aren't too good for him. 

If trump dumps Fauci I don’t understand how anyone could trust trump ever again.

Of course some here would still say trump is the next coming of god

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, Eric J said:

"The World Health Organization is under fire after Taiwan released the contents of a December email inquiring about the person-to-person spread of COVID-19, which it says was ignored by the organization and further denied to provide adequate information about how to fight the virus."

Put the blame where it should go.... CHINA

First, if you actually read the e-mail, it says nothing about person-to-person transmission. It simply asks for more information regarding 8 cases of atypical pneumonia in Wuhan, China. Second, there's already evidence that China tried to cover up the initial outbreak. Why do we need Taiwan to weigh in on this, and how is it news? Finally, blaming China, whether rightfully so or not, doesn't alleviate the responsibility our public officials have to do local diligence with an emerging pandemic. Casting blame elsewhere rather than accepting responsibility and saying, "We could have done better. Case closed. Moving on." is a classic maneuver that's best left to kindergarteners. There's blame enough for everyone. Moving on.

• Like 2

Here’s what I don’t understand...we are all in the same boat, aren’t we? We all face the same virus, we all have the same president, we are all wanting this to be over, we are all Americans. Regardless of how well Trump is handling this or how inept Biden is, we all have to deal with this nonsense. Do we need to fight with each other? How does that help anything or anyone? My daughter contracted this crap while trying to help others with it. To say this one sucks or that one would have done a better job is BS. You cannot say that with any degree of certainty, its all conjecture. You are basically arguing over something as dumb as who would win in a fight...Bruce Lee or Jet Li. Just dumb. 
Obviously it would be Jet Li. He's far younger so he would obviously have more stamina and speed

Call Me The Teflon Don

2 hours ago, Chef said:

That’s where I’m at, the problem is trump is not actually a republican, he ran for that party but if you watch what is going on he does not even believe in democracy or our system of government. I would never vote for Biden. That being said I may just have to vote against trump

that's your vote and choice. I felt this way in 2016, and still feel this way now. My vote for Trump was not so much a vote for him, but against his opponent. I'll say that Biden is a better candidate than Hillary and a bunch of the dems that were running but when i weigh it all up, Trump still has my vote. I hate his tweeting, I hate his antics, I disagree with his stance on the environment and a few other issues, but by and large I disagree more with many of the dem's platforms. 

And I think that's where many non-die hard trumpers who are also republicans are at. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’ve said this before and I still believe it. If the Don didn’t tweet or engage in social media and simply gave useful brief updates during these past 4 years, he would be re elected and widely regarded as one of the great presidents for low unemployment, booming economy, and saving millions of lives now during this pandemic. Unfortunately, he can’t stay off Twitter. Otherwise he’d be on a fast track to Mount Rushmore.

yep. the dems still wouldn't like the wall, but they wouldn't have the stock pile of ammo they have now. 

1 hour ago, knehrke said:

First, if you actually read the e-mail, it says nothing about person-to-person transmission. It simply asks for more information regarding 8 cases of atypical pneumonia in Wuhan, China. Second, there's already evidence that China tried to cover up the initial outbreak. Why do we need Taiwan to weigh in on this, and how is it news? Finally, blaming China, whether rightfully so or not, doesn't alleviate the responsibility our public officials have to do local diligence with an emerging pandemic. Casting blame elsewhere rather than accepting responsibility and saying, "We could have done better. Case closed. Moving on." is a classic maneuver that's best left to kindergarteners. There's blame enough for everyone. Moving on.

China doesn't recognize Taiwan.... They rather let them die.... then help them.

The point is.... It's China that IS our enemy... not Russia.... Russia... Russia!

• Like 3

The media lies.   And people who hate Trump , love them for it.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/04/13/trump-and-fauci-express-frustration-with-how-media-covers-covid-19-response/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=trump-and-fauci-express-frustration-with-how-media-covers-covid-19-response?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningBell&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTkdWbE5XWTFOMkV6WlRNdyIsInQiOiJHenFxTWNkTmcrN29UNFR5bTB2S0N3WGM4d2VXdzlISXZ0SzF1R000eCtUNEVBazVhN3hnS0tndzNJdEVyN0Z5QWdLWDcyN3VRVjVzaWxYZHNINmtmbDlZTGk0VUEyUjNLQldhbVwvTWkzMjJKVjE3eGZac3pTanlwXC9EUW10ZFRQIn0%3D

On other fronts, one reporter challenged Trump’s authority to decide when and how to reopen the national economy.

“I have the ultimate authority,” he replied, and later said, as similar questions continued, that the White House would make the case in writing.

Edited by Rattler

Keep the country shut down.  What could go wrong?

Former New York Lt. Gov. Betsy McCaughey writes, "Job losses cause extreme suffering. Every 1% hike in the unemployment rate will likely produce a 3.3% increase in drug overdose deaths and a 0.99% increase in suicides according to data provided by the National Bureau of Economic Research and the medical journal Lancet. These are facts based on experience, not models. If unemployment hits 32%, some 77,000 Americans are likely to die from suicide and drug overdoses as a result of layoffs. Scientists call these fatalities deaths of despair."

• Like 3

That should about cover the points made earlier.  Someone needs to offer counter points for people who think for themselves.

If you hate Trump, in spite of all of his positive accomplishments over the last 3 years, as well as the positive things he's done during this virus crises, you are suffering from a psychosis and need professional help.

If you can point out things that deserve legitimate criticism, with an eye towards improving them, that's one thing.  But if all you do is spew leftist talking points and hate, to sway the idiot electorate with hopes of having influence on the upcoming election, you are the problem in America right now.

• Like 3

Huh, I see this finally dove hard enough into politics to get moved to the "Political" sub-forum. It's a shame that most things devolve into politics, but probably for the best that it got moved.. I just hope everyone and their families stay healthy, and for those who are sick or have loved ones who are sick, I wish you and your's a speedy recovery. 

Take care and Godspeed everyone. 

Would some of NY states Trump haters have more people die from the virus if it insures Trump will not be re-elected? 

Yes they would.  These people are sicker than the ones who have the virus.  And I'm sick of them.

https://patriotpost.us/articles/69907-video-new-yorkers-hate-trump-more-than-covid-19-2020-04-14?mailing_id=4988&utm_medium=email&utm_source=pp.email.4988&utm_campaign=digest&utm_content=body

• Like 2

My wife's felt pretty sick the past few days and figured it was just a stomach bug or her new meds messing her up. She called her DR this morning and he told her to get to the hospital and he'll order blood work and a CT scan she's been there since 10am all of those tests turned up nothing. 

They just ordered her the swab for Corona keeping my fingers crossed that she doesn't have it.

• Sad 2

Damn, Rattler, how long have you been keeping all this bottled up? I guess it’s healthy for you to let it out as you seem to be raving a little.   

No one here has said they hate Trump. I think the most I said was buffoon. I’ll throw in venal, weak, cowardly asshole. His performances lately should be proof of that. 

And no one has to counter every fringe article you post. Sorry. 

I've been refusing to counter all of the blatant misinformation I've been reading in this thread because it was political and should not have been derailing this thread at all. 

Now that it is in the political section, I've decided some posts here needed a retort.  Hatred of Trump doesn't have to be stated to be understood.  A mirror needs to be held up to some faces here.  It's not raving, it's refutation.  The raving has been coming from the people who seem to think others are doing a better job during this crises.

But that's not the point.  Nobody needs to counter anything I post.  I'm sure they would if they could.  However,  I will be happy to counter anything any ill informed Trump hater wishes to post, in the interest of fairness to the President.  Feel free to debate whatever you like.  I look forward to it.

If nobody wishes to refute what I post, just as well.