Corona Virus Thread

Good news, as expected, Cuomo saying they tested 3,000 random people across NYS out at stores and 14% have coronavirus antibodies. They had no clue they had it. So now the death rate he said is actually under 0.5%. Which is what I thought all along. Even if the deaths are correct, so many more people have it than the numbers Show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Good news, as expected, Cuomo saying they tested 3,000 random people across NYS out at stores and 14% have coronavirus antibodies. They had no clue they had it. So now the death rate he said is actually under 0.5%. Which is what I thought all along. Even if the deaths are correct, so many more people have it than the numbers Show.

It's the rate of spread and the ridiculous high rate for the sick and elderly.  If we follow similar 0.5% for normal flu, even with the high estimate of 40,000 deaths from the flu, we are talking about 8 million infections from the normal flu for the year based on the 0.5% and 40,000 deaths.  This virus if left unchecked can pretty much infect the entire populace.  0.5% of 300 million is no small number.

28 minutes ago, Elmo said:

It's the rate of spread and the ridiculous high rate for the sick and elderly.  If we follow similar 0.5% for normal flu, even with the high estimate of 40,000 deaths from the flu, we are talking about 8 million infections from the normal flu for the year based on the 0.5% and 40,000 deaths.  This virus if left unchecked can pretty much infect the entire populace.  0.5% of 300 million is no small number.

right. it sounds like that is the plan, to keep checking people. He said they did 3,000 but more to come. I said this the other day, but I know some companies that are reopening Monday, 4/27 by providing all employees with antibody testing. problem is the accuracy of these.

And so for the large majority of healthy younger citizens without pre-existing conditions, we are soon back to life as normal. What, however, do I say to my elderly (funny-at 72 she was never elderly before this!) mother? Is she and all her friends still forced to be hone or will they ever feel safe enough to resume normal life-this is a great group of ladies from 70-85 who regularly play tennis, take yoga and belly dancing classes, dinners and bar hopping regularly and “kidnap” each other for excursion benchmark birthdays to Punta Cana, Aruba, St Thomas, etc. They are itching for normalcy but scared to death.

No Pygmy they do not need you to chaperone!!!!!

Anyone in an at risk group should stay home until the odds of dying from the virus are low enough for them to go out.  Apparently as many as 2.7 million NY citizens have already had the virus.  It's now possible to see which citizens are most at risk.  The one's that aren't should not be locked down until their lives are destroyed.  Retired folks don't need to work.  They are already financially OK for life.  The people who aren't are the one's fighting for their livelihood.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/new-york-virus-deaths-top-15k-cuomo-expected-to-detail-plan-to-fight-nursing-home-outbreaks/2386556/

3 hours ago, crappyice said:

And so for the large majority of healthy younger citizens without pre-existing conditions, we are soon back to life as normal. What, however, do I say to my elderly (funny-at 72 she was never elderly before this!) mother? Is she and all her friends still forced to be hone or will they ever feel safe enough to resume normal life-this is a great group of ladies from 70-85 who regularly play tennis, take yoga and belly dancing classes, dinners and bar hopping regularly and “kidnap” each other for excursion benchmark birthdays to Punta Cana, Aruba, St Thomas, etc. They are itching for normalcy but scared to death.

No Pygmy they do not need you to chaperone!!!!!

That's sort of my issue.  My parent are my babysitters.  The fear is the kids run around outside and touch every thing then transfer it to them.  If I have to go back to work without them being safe I would have logistical problems to figure out.

By the way....how come they've never kidnapped me to Aruba?

3 hours ago, Rattler said:

Anyone in an at risk group should stay home until the odds of dying from the virus are low enough for them to go out.  Apparently as many as 2.7 million NY citizens have already had the virus.  It's now possible to see which citizens are most at risk.  The one's that aren't should not be locked down until their lives are destroyed.  Retired folks don't need to work.  They are already financially OK for life.  The people who aren't are the one's fighting for their livelihood.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/new-york-virus-deaths-top-15k-cuomo-expected-to-detail-plan-to-fight-nursing-home-outbreaks/2386556/

How would we account for those who regularly look after their elders?  A lot of families choose not to keep their parents in nursing homes but rather simply look after them on their own.  They minimize risks by staying home as much as possible and keeping themselves well protected.  But if they have to venture out into a mass crowd every day for a 9 to 5 them go home to help their elderly parents?  When we head towards normalcy, let's not leave anyone behind.

On 4/22/2020 at 2:45 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The only good news here is that this is very rare. As of today in all of the US, only 3 people under the age of 14 have died from coronavirus. 21 people between ages 15-24 and 162 people between 25-34. So overall, 186 people across the entire U.S. under the age of 35. The numbers really jump for the elderly, of course.

You may want to check you numbers again. Here in Monroe county they are reporting a total of 91 deaths so far in Monroe county, and of them 4 children under age 10 years, and 19 more  between the ages of 10-19 years. How is it possible then, "only 3 people under age 14" died from it in the entire country?

Oh...and yes..AT, I'm sorry for your family's loss! 

Edited by New York Hillbilly
  • Like 1

Remember when Obama suggested injecting people with disinfectant to cure swine flu? 

I ain’t gonna see him for medical advice but I will let him run my $$$...unfortunately clearly someone forgot to charge his shock collar! He usually gets zapped when getting off the medical script!

5 hours ago, left field said:

Apparently some folks in Tennessee have a plan for that. WTF? 

CBB6DDC7-DE5B-42C7-BA9A-479BD218A592.thumb.jpeg.15b5b8db38916ca896c0e9b2ecc21265.jpeg

Why is she wearing a scarf over her mouth if she wants to sacrfice the weak. If shes scared of getting it, maybe she should sacrifice her self as one of the weak? You can fix stupid man 

You may want to check you numbers again. Here in Monroe county they are reporting a total of 91 deaths so far in Monroe county, and of them 4 children under age 10 years, and 19 more  between the ages of 10-19 years. How is it possible then, "only 3 people under age 14" died from it in the entire country?

Oh...and yes..AT, I'm sorry for your family's loss! 

CDC and NYS stats. The links are there. Maybe things changed?

Do you have a link to 4 children under 10 dying? Or 19 dying between ages 10-19? That seems extraordinarily high.

4 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

CDC and NYS stats. The links are there. Maybe things changed?

Do you have a link to 4 children under 10 dying? Or 19 dying between ages 10-19? That seems extraordinarily high.

@New York Hillbilly so i checked the NYS stats again this morning. https://covid19tracker.health.ny.gov/views/NYS-COVID19-Tracker/NYSDOHCOVID-19Tracker-Fatalities?%3Aembed=yes&%3Atoolbar=no&%3Atabs=n this is the link.

2 people dead in NY between 0-9 ages and 6 between 10-19 ages. so that's a total of 8 people under the age of 19 in all of New York state. Maybe all 8 are in Monroe County? but can't be the 23 people you mentioned.

For all of the people who are treating this like a joke or dont care at all about people getting sick, my cousin past away this morning. He was 42 years old, ZERO underlying conditions, the sole provider of his wife and kids here as well as the supporter for his elderly parents and brothers family back home in europe. This shit is not a joke. I would venture to guess he was younger and healthier than a couple of the people on here that are fighting any kind of quarantine. Those people are a JOKE

Sorry for your loss my friend

• Like 1