Corona Virus Thread

11 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

d040ca238e5193b171c7e2765b0a8e69.png

Great news for hospitals in 35 counties. Surgery is where the revenue is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep , now my daughter who works , pre / post op. May not get laid off next week , although many of her co workers will .

• Like 1

Hey guys trump predicts vaccine by years end.

But he also called The malaria drug a game changer so who knows

I don’t foresee a vaccine anytime soon, maybe ever. Here immunity is our best defense. Way more people already have it then ever. Every person I know from work who got tested or antibody tested came back positive. Which means their kids had it, their spouses, etc. all undocumented numbers. Just look at the pork plant. 370 positives and 0 symptoms

• Like 1

Just an update for people looking for food. I went to Uncle Giuseppe’s in Yorktown today. I’m done quarantining. Enough is enough. Anyway, it wasn’t crowded and no shortage of anything. Tons of seafood, chicken, red meat, etc. there’s also plenty of bread, toilet paper, paper towels, etc. I’ve heard Shoprite and Stop N Shop are loaded as well.

• Like 3

Just an update for people looking for food. I went to Uncle Giuseppe’s in Yorktown today. I’m done quarantining. Enough is enough. Anyway, it wasn’t crowded and no shortage of anything. Tons of seafood, chicken, red meat, etc. there’s also plenty of bread, toilet paper, paper towels, etc. I’ve heard Shoprite and Stop N Shop are loaded as well.

We stay out of the stores daily but honestly with 5 adults (2 teenage boys) we need to shop bi-weekly. I have found that the smaller shops (Acme/Dececcio)are better stocked and less crowded than the Costco/ BJ/Stews in my area

• Like 1

We stay out of the stores daily but honestly with 5 adults (2 teenage boys) we need to shop bi-weekly. I have found that the smaller shops (Acme/Dececcio)are better stocked and less crowded than the Costco/ BJ/Stews in my area

Wait who is the 5 adults? You, your wife, we can call the two boys adults because they usually eat more than a grown human adult but who's the 5th?

Call Me The Teflon Don

21 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Things were hard to find in the beginning because of all the panic hoarders.  I've been going out 2-3 times a week for supermarket runs.  I've have not had a hard time find anything.  While the disinfectants are still hard to find, I've been seeing toilet papers regularly for the past 3 weeks now.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Ok, so daughter and granddaughter are good, now grandmother in law tested positive for Corona. She is 93 and has asthma. When will this shite go away?!?!?

My thoughts go out to you and your MIL.

Sorry to hear, squirrel. Your family is really being tested. Unfortunately, it’s not going away anytime soon, as all we did was suppress it for a bit. I fear people are about to act as if we did beat it. 

Yeast is impossible to find by me. In the city too. A friend had to order it from amazon. We’ve become a nation of bakers. 

• Like 2

Mama Crappy and daughter - negative for antibodies....damnit!!!

My boss tested positive for antibodies. So pretty much everyone at work on my wing of the floor was covid positive or antibodies positive. Maybe my daughter was born with the ‘Rona like several babies of people I know

Correct me if I’m wrong but antibodies are any cold or flu right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

From what I understand it is strictly for covid-19 but there can be false-positives

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

My boss tested positive for antibodies. So pretty much everyone at work on my wing of the floor was covid positive or antibodies positive. Maybe my daughter was born with the ‘Rona like several babies of people I know

your going to have some stories for her when she gets older for sure.  On how she was born during a pandemic and all that happened.  

your going to have some stories for her when she gets older for sure.  On how she was born during a pandemic and all that happened.  

It all started with CWD! Lol

3 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but antibodies are any cold or flu right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your body creates unique and different antibody for each virus it comes in contact with.  They are only testing  for the COVID-19 antibodies for their research at the moment.

• Like 1