Corona Virus Thread

They're putting a lot of pressure on medical professionals because there are too many patients and not enough medical professionals to assist.  I doubt there are not enough lawyers, bankers, etc. at the same level.

Most top bankers have not stopped showing up to work in offices except for 14-day quarantines after positives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

73aba6e550d3407925302e5dc8bad8d6.jpg&key=72ffb89efb1b123dffb0cf20fadc117b83961577e6f4db1bd7d3d6cc8427982e

[mention]Chef [/mention] getting my first delivery now

Nice! They are a competitor of mine and I’ve gotten 3 so far. Great product

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Almost as bad as the blizzard of 1888..............

Great Blizzard of 1888: More than 400 people in the Northeast died in this nor'easter, including 200 in New York, the worst death toll in United States history from a winter storm, according to LiveScience.com. More than 100 people died at sea after 200 ships sank off the East Coast, says The Daily Beast. The blizzard dumped between 40 and 50 inches of snow on March 11 and March 12, 1888, in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York. Drifts were 50-feet high in some area, says History.com.

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Most top bankers have not stopped showing up to work in offices except for 14-day quarantines after positives.

The ones I know all work from home.  Two of my buddies left the city.  One rented a cabin in the Pocono's and another rented a house in Virginia.  Has not stop them from doing their jobs.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Great Blizzard of 1888: More than 400 people in the Northeast died in this nor'easter, including 200 in New York, the worst death toll in United States history from a winter storm, according to LiveScience.com. More than 100 people died at sea after 200 ships sank off the East Coast, says The Daily Beast. The blizzard dumped between 40 and 50 inches of snow on March 11 and March 12, 1888, in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York. Drifts were 50-feet high in some area, says History.com.

I remember that....

• Haha 4

"As expected, nurses in several nyc hospitals are now allowed to work despite being “positive”" 

Seriously, not to break your chops too bad there Biz, but again you are showing a lack of insight about this situation. "Allowed to work" sort of misses the point. What freaking choice is there? Medical professionals chose the field to try and help heal and save people.  People they almost never know, but show the same level of caring and commitment to strangers they would if it were their own family. It is work we chose and were trained to do,  each in  own area of specialty and with varying degrees of risk given the type of battle and/or day of week. And, we do it despite the risk to our own safety,  even if/when we are frightened, and without looking for fanfare or pats on the back. Medical/healthcare professionals (like your brother, me, my daughter ) do our job because someone has too.

It would be like saying soldiers ordered to engage in battle are "allowed" to fight.  Again, as if it is a matter of choice!

Without proper protective equipment, medical professionals still try to take care of people, while politicians and administrators behind desks and/or from their kitchen tables at home (likely the same ones responsible for the shortages to save money to split up between them as bonuses) give their blessing to "allow"  even those who test positive for the illness to continue the fight.   How noble!  

Edited by New York Hillbilly
extra word
  • Like 3

Why would a top Banker show up? Everything they do in an office can be done from home?? Showing up makes no sense.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

I read an article last night that auto manufacturers are considering a plan. They want to do forehead scan screening upon entry into the building and make masks mandatory.  It was nothing official ,just something mentioned.

Jeremy, We already do this where I work.  There are sign in sheets that include a questionnaire as to any symptoms you may have had in the last two weeks.  If you check out ok, you don a mask and enter.  That is working as long as someone is monitoring the front door.

Monday about 3:30 pm, the snack machine vender entered the building from the FRONT entrance after the receptionist had already left for the day.  This guy apparently cant read and did not sign in or take his temp or perform any  necessary SOP to enter the building .  He wanders around and finally ends up at my desk asking me where the cafe is... no mask etc.  Thats a breech for sure.  My point is there is going to be a time where the guard is left down and the system works fine on paper but there are cracks where this slips through.  This was the first time this guy has serviced our facility also.  Stuff like this only works if there is 100% vigilance.  Assuming he was positive, I now am self quarantining myself for another two weeks.

Of course, management doesn't want the slip up to be known, so business as usual.   Lets just pray covid is not in our place because our IV bags go all over the country.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Arcade Hunter said:

Jeremy, We already do this where I work.  There are sign in sheets that include a questionnaire as to any symptoms you may have had in the last two weeks.  If you check out ok, you don a mask and enter.  That is working as long as someone is monitoring the front door.

Monday about 3:30 pm, the snack machine vender entered the building from the FRONT entrance after the receptionist had already left for the day.  This guy apparently cant read and did not sign in or take his temp or perform any  necessary SOP to enter the building .  He wanders around and finally ends up at my desk asking me where the cafe is... no mask etc.  Thats a breech for sure.  My point is there is going to be a time where the guard is left down and the system works fine on paper but there are cracks where this slips through.  This was the first time this guy has serviced our facility also.  Stuff like this only works if there is 100% vigilance.  Assuming he was positive, I now am self quarantining myself for another two weeks.

Of course, management doesn't want the slip up to be known, so business as usual.   Lets just pray covid is not in our place because our IV bags go all over the country.

WTF , is biz your boss by any chance? 

41 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Why would a top Banker show up? Everything they do in an office can be done from home?? Showing up makes no sense.

The two friends of mine are hedge fund managers.  They left the city mainly for their wives and kids.  They've been working from home years even before this whole thing.  They went into the office only a couple of times a week for their meetings and when they feel like not being bothered by their kids.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

WTF , is biz your boss by any chance? 

No..lol.. I really do respect everyone's opinion on here.  For myself, I am taking this thing very seriously, and that is my opinion and my right to do so.  I am not happy with some of the lack of complacency I see from the general public and businesses especially; businesses deemed essential and non essential.  My mother is 92 and she has been stuck in the house since this thing started and I cant go over to her house to change a damn lightbulb for her.. if I had it (the covid) and passed it to someone else, especially a family member, found out later down the road, I wouldn't be able to deal with that.

My grandson was born while the first covid was in MFS... I haven't met him yet and that is my choice and my families choice.

Anyways... I vented again, this thing really sucks and it is important to stay the course until this thing is done.  I hope everyone stays safe by being smart

• Like 3

The ones I know all work from home.  Two of my buddies left the city.  One rented a cabin in the Pocono's and another rented a house in Virginia.  Has not stop them from doing their jobs.

The state and SEC have to involved at certain levels of trading

Not by law. For many MD’s, they are still going into a physical office in NYC

Larry - you completely missed the point. That blizzard showed up. So it’s not relevant. The ones where they say 15” is coming and 1” comes. Mathematically that’s 1/15. So if 150K people die instead of 2.2M, that’s 1/15 also. Simple Math brother