Corona Virus Thread

I haven't heard one report from the feds that they are stockpiling and "sitting" on 20k ventilators.   Why would they sit on them? 

Again... Proof

The secretary of defense said it on national tv a few days ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

The secretary of defense said it on national tv a few days ago

Pence announced couple hours ago that 2000 are being sent today, and another 2000 being sent tomorrow from the national stockpile. 

Doesn't sound like sitting on the stockpile to me.   

4 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

My wife's sister works in the hospital in New Rochelle, lives alone and is worth a lot. We can't convince her to write a will. 

dang, she must keep to herself? dang again.. My sister in law works the hospital and local family practice.. 

Coumo said NY was getting 400. He estimates they need 30,000. He asked what he should tell the other 26,600. 

Unless we do as the LG of Texas suggests and old people should goodbye to their grandkids and take one for the team to save the economy for the next generation. 

Very Jim Jones. 

And why should he get all of them?  There's other states that need them too. 

Pence confirmed 2000 are heading there today and another 2000 are going out tomorrow. 

Edited by mowin
  • Like 2

Not to mention he had the opportunity in 2015 to prepare the state for a potential pandemic and decided not to. Ergo monkey face loses again. He's an asshole and always will be. Despite my hatred of him he's done some things I agree with during this virus outbreak. But for him to blame others for his issues is he's standard operating procedure! Case in point blaming weather for all the outgoing population from this state

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

On 3/23/2020 at 3:07 PM, chrisw said:

First off you have no idea of their situation so for you to pass judgement on them is naive. You yourself said you were there for small projects, not necessities. And necessity is a relative term, for all you know this guy was there for a more urgent reason than you. If you are that concerned then YOU shouldn't have been there either. It's called hypocrisy.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

except... i followed the government guidance and went alone. Not with my family and dog. that's the difference. For what it's worth, I know what you're driving at, but it's not hypocrisy when I'm staying within the guidelines and they were not. 

3 minutes ago, mowin said:

Pence confirmed 2000 are heading there today and another 2000 are going out tomorrow. 

My understanding was NYS is 2-3 weeks from peak.  When we’re done with them we send them to next site who needs them as so many places are weeks behind NYS in cases. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cbyzerman said:

Once again not our problem...  Do not log on from work and if your such a rule follower your probably not allowed to log onto sportsman sites anyway.......

It's not a PC problem... somebody didn't say indian instead of native american. It's a posted pic that violates the site rules. Those site rules btw, were made by the owner and not you. And they were made in spirit of a family friendly site. If nobody could use this site at work I'd guess we'd lose 80% of traffic.

23 hours ago, cbyzerman said:

Do not care whether the dicks are on here or not...  Not gonna lie some of it is funny...  Just cant stand pussys that think we should play by there rules cause there on work computer...  Gonna tell you the same thing a friend working for FBI  ( work phone)told us on group text when he would get mad when we cursed and stuff....  " use a personal phone, jerkoff"

i bet you're real fun at parties. 

1 minute ago, turkeyfeathers said:

My understanding was NYS is 2-3 weeks from peak.  When we’re done with them we send them to next site who needs them as so many places are weeks behind NYS in cases. 

I get it.  NY has just under 30k cases.  I highly doubt all 30k need ventilators. 

It would be interesting to see how many with the virus actually need one. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, meateater said:

please lets move. Im sorry if I started anything .I let my emotions get the best of me .Im in queens and we have the most positives in the city with  Brooklyn right behind us. please everyone accept my apologies 

that punctuation screams stormy and so does the December join date

• Like 2

My one concern from yesterdays news briefing here in Oneida County is how Cuomo stated that "there is no upstate...and no downstate" and if beds are needed, patients from the affected areas WILL be transferred to Utica and beyond. Though I would never relish the thoughts of refusing medical treatment for those in need, why transport patients to less affected areas and use all the resources (which are VERY limited) when the whole idea is containment? It is a really difficult issue.

2 hours ago, grampy said:

I don't consider myself a prude at all. And I enjoy an off color joke as much as anyone. But I feel that picture does not belong here fella's. It just doesn't go with a hunting and fishing forum that young people look at too!  I personally dont find the picture all that funny, or appealing. But apparently some of ya do? C'mon guys. 

agreed grampy. I like a few of the guys who think they're hilarious, but don't want to see anything bad come of this site and wouldn't mind seeing a short timeout for 2 of them.

• Like 2

My one concern from yesterdays news briefing here in Oneida County is how Cuomo stated that "there is no upstate...and no downstate" and if beds are needed, patients from the affected areas WILL be transferred to Utica and beyond. Though I would never relish the thoughts of refusing medical treatment for those in need, why transport patients to less affected areas and use all the resources (which are VERY limited) when the whole idea is containment? It is a really difficult issue.

That is tough my guess is it’s easier to move one patient then the equipment and nurses

4 minutes ago, GreenDrake said:

Definitely going to put a strain on those areas. What happens if those infected pass it to others in a area that doesn't have any?  With resources going to those transferred from downstate, the newly infected will have less resources available. 

Definitely a tuff situation. I can see both sides. 

could be the delay in shipping units to NY was because with the units in "storage" for who knows how long they wanted them all tested prior to shipment.  I would think its rather foolish to send delicate equipment with integral moving parts with lots of plastic, rubber, neoprene parts/tubing that age of those products can cause failures.  better they are tested/fixed/retrofitted/ whatever where they currently are than after they are moved into an area of high infection numbers. getting techs, parts, repair equipment into these contaminated areas would be a logistical nightmare.

32 minutes ago, left field said:

Coumo said NY was getting 400. He estimates they need 30,000. He asked what he should tell the other 26,600. 

Unless we do as the LG of Texas suggests and old people should goodbye to their grandkids and take one for the team to save the economy for the next generation. 

Very Jim Jones. 

Cuomo was flipping out for nothing.

• Like 1

But it would certainly expose more to the virus somewhere along the way. I like the idea of retrofitting new places within the hot spots with equipment needed to treat than to ship patients to low or nearly unaffected areas and leave some resources for the local areas. Let us not forget, people are still having strokes...heart attacks.....ruptured appendixes, etc. Equipment and resources are needed for those people as well. It is just a very scary situation.

3 minutes ago, reeltime said:

could be the delay in shipping units to NY was because with the units in "storage" for who knows how long they wanted them all tested prior to shipment.  I would think its rather foolish to send delicate equipment with integral moving parts with lots of plastic, rubber, neoprene parts/tubing that age of those products can cause failures.  better they are tested/fixed/retrofitted/ whatever where they currently are than after they are moved into an area of high infection numbers. getting techs, parts, repair equipment into these contaminated areas would be a logistical nightmare.

I did read somewhere that some needed to be converted to treat CV patients. 

Make a bet with you Biz... crow hunting followed by crow dinner if I’m not back to work by Easter/Pesach.

Easter! Finally the Don agrees with me!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-trump-wants-us-opened-up-raring-go-by-easter-2020-3%3famp

Google Trump Easter if link not working