Corona Virus Thread

1 hour ago, Splitear_Leland said:

But the Democrats did get them to keep money from going to Pres, VP, Executive Officials and Congress (and direct relatives), and established an advisory board to decide who gets funding, rather than Trump being the sole decider like he had proposed.

Maybe the Dems were using the pork as bargaining chips to force a little more oversight into the bill....

That's a whole bunch of bullshit.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Anyone else heard the theory that there is 2 different strains going around? I read it somewhere else but couldnt find any conformation on the web.

I have heard there's a type S that was the original strain in China. Supposedly, it mutated to a type L that were dealing with now. The type L is less deadly, but more easily transmitted. 

22 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

To all those blowing Cuomo on him doing “such a good job.” Just what we need, won’t be long and we’ll be the next Bronx. https://bigfrog104.com/downstate-coronavirus-patients-to-be-moved-to-upstate-hospitals/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree, leave the sorry saps down there to die...we don't want em.

Gimme a break.

6 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I’m not supposed to go to the store to stop the spread but we can ship the infected up here?

Gimme a break!

It's not like they're sticking them in your living room. They are out of beds in the city, we have the space, it's not like they're some foreign enemy, they are human beings, Americans who live less than 200 miles away from you. 

Plus, if we had a massive outbreak in upstate, you don't think they'd be shipping people downstate if they had to?

I mean I understand being an isolationist, but that's pretty hard hearted...

Edited by Splitear_Leland

7 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Totally agree, leave the sorry saps down there to die...we don't want em.

Gimme a break.

Really.  Everything is shutdown to stop the spread.  

King Andy is telling those with houses upstate to not travel upstate as to stop the spread.  But bringing infected people upstate that others have to care for, and potentially getting infected to spread it to others upstate.  

Yep... Makes total sense to me...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mowin said:

Really.  Everything is shutdown to stop the spread.  

King Andy is telling those with houses upstate to not travel upstate as to stop the spread.  But bringing infected people upstate that others have to care for, and potentially getting infected to spread it to others upstate.  

Yep... Makes total sense to me...

Again, they're not bussing them to Walmart, they're going to facilities equipped to handle this. Seems reasonable, and I'm sure the reverse would be the case if the outbreak area was flipped.

I do get the "others taking care of them" part though. Let the New Yorkers take care of the New Yorkers..

Edited by Splitear_Leland

To all those blowing Cuomo on him doing “such a good job.” Just what we need, won’t be long and we’ll be the next Bronx. https://bigfrog104.com/downstate-coronavirus-patients-to-be-moved-to-upstate-hospitals/

I don’t think I’ve physically blown him yet but I have said he’s doing a good job right now.

I listened to his afternoons press conference and heard his response when a reporter asked him if he would move downstate patients upstate to where there is more room. Going from memory he never said he wasn’t going to do that but he did say as of right now people as in patients and healthcare workers would be moved around in downstate facilities. As a facility down state fills up another facility downstate that has space will take on new people or transfers.

I was surprised no reporter brought up moving prisoners around because that didn’t stop until this week and now at least 2 prisons have COVID-19 cases at them and it’s being traced from the downstate prisons.

God I just defended Cuomo. I feel so dirty imma go shower

• Haha 2

That's a horrible move

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

How do you think the markets are running right now? I work in BoA building and they have traders still working there. The show must go on! You should know better

1 minute ago, Splitear_Leland said:

Again, they're not bussing them to Walmart, they're going to facilities equipped to handle this. Seems reasonable, and I'm sure the reverse would be the case if the outbreak area was flipped.

Look at how many doctors and nurses or care givers have gotten infected, then  unknowingly infect others. 

You don't think that's not going to happen here???

Really???

• Like 1

It's not like they're sticking them in your living room. They are out of beds in the city, we have the space, it's not like they're some foreign enemy, they are human beings, Americans who live less than 200 miles away from you. 
Plus, if we had a massive outbreak in upstate, you don't think they'd be shipping people downstate if they had to?
I mean I understand being an isolationist, but that's pretty hard hearted...

Call me cold hearted but F them. They want to live down there in the shit let them die down there in the shit. It’s not my fault or problem that there isnt enough beds for them. After the nurses up here get sick from them then get their family’s sick then there won’t be enough space for them. So let’s stretch this out for another few months instead of keeping it contained. Maybe in a few months when it’s still running rampant and the country needs another bailout That twat Pelocy and Dbag upChuck will get there Plane emissions passed.

It’s really not rocket science.

• Like 3