Steve D

Contest Shut Down By Antis

On 2/8/2020 at 10:01 AM, airedale said:

No he is not making it up, that is what pretty much happens., same deal with wolves.

Al

So now these coyotes are just like wolves? 

On 2/8/2020 at 10:16 AM, airedale said:

Rattler as the old saying goes "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink!" trying to explain anything to these guys is a waste of time!!

Al

No airedale, the issue is on one side of this discussion is a single persons anecdotal evidence. On the other side you have research study after research study. So I guess you're right, you can lead a horse to water.

Here's another new one for you. Gosh this science stuff is hard.

https://www.themeateater.com/conservation/wildlife-management/study-eastern-whitetails-thrive-despite-coyote-invasion

• Like 1

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

No airedale, the issue is on one side of this discussion is a single persons anecdotal evidence. On the other side you have research study after research study. So I guess you're right, you can lead a horse to water.
Here's another new one for you. Gosh this science stuff is hard.
https://www.themeateater.com/conservation/wildlife-management/study-eastern-whitetails-thrive-despite-coyote-invasion

But the research did show that there were declines in some small local areas? Which proves anything is possible. I know in our area at one time it was going backwards with numerous packs but after a war for a few years they are back to being just another mouth to feed in nature and the wildlife has came back to good numbers. When one see’s more dogs than other wildlife there are to many dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

But the research did show that there were declines in some small local areas? Which proves anything is possible. I know in our area at one time it was going backwards with numerous packs but after a war for a few years they are back to being just another mouth to feed in nature and the wildlife has came back to good numbers. When one see’s more dogs than other wildlife there are to many dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would never say anything is impossible. My only goal in these 12 pages has been to educate on some misconceptions. I'm a deer and amateur coyote hunter. I have no horse in this race. Just simply feel that an educated outdoorsman is a better outdoorsman and a stronger advocate against the anti's. 

• Like 2

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

At least until fishing season, but I'm betting on early bow.
If only it would stay cold, it would be fishing season

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Belo said:

oh man now that's rich.

I don't get the problem with just admitting you want to shoot coyotes. They're invasive, taking out a few doesn't hurt their population. You don't need to justify it. Why'd you shoot that coyote? Because it's legal and I wanted to should all there needs to be. If you're not for want and waste, skin it out and get it tanned. 

Belo -

To quote Mrs. C, "STOP MAKING SENSE!"

Protect non-target wildlife. Use non-lead ammo - http://www.huntingwithnonlead.org/