Found this butchering a deer(bloody pictures)

rachunter

31 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Ok for the rod = surgery. But WTF is up with the spine? It must have been moving oddly prior to your buddy shooting it? I would think that spine impacts the gait? Did he know ahead of time and make a “mercy kill?”

Extra large, golf ball size = something went wrong. I don’t know if I care to consume (nor do I thankfully have the necessity to consume) “wrong” meat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said it was walking around with two does.It was the first one that gave him a shot.

I've eaten plenty of deer that had broken bones or scare tissue,but this looked more like a birth defect. 

This is damn crazy I love it...vet fixed him up so someone could harvest him...DEC shot one on thin ice here last week...the things people do, ha

Look, feel, smell...then taste...If it passes all four in that order I’m eating it...

anyone think cattle are healthy in contrast?

2BCF6000-3454-4C87-8D1D-ABAFA3E89DED.png

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 2

And in other news, a vegetarian member of the Long Island chapter of PETA is posting "Missing pet deer" messages on another forum...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Good thing I’m 100% against keeping any wildlife captive for any reason what so ever.

I'll be that guy and ask it.
Your brother shoots a deer... a bb at that, and then says you can have the meat? Why'd he shoot a small ass button buck if he didn't want to eat it? Or is your freezer empty?

My brother has only been hunting a few years now and still get excited when he sees any deer. Plus this is on Long Island which is over run with deer and he had a tag for it. I’d of shot it even if it was a small ass doe. The smallest deer I ever shot where a pair of 14 pound does good eating some people still hunt for the meat.
I butcher his deer for him most of the time like I said he new to it. I didn’t get a deer this year so he gave it to me. He only eats the back straps which is fine with me. Nothing ever goes to waste.
If I still hunted the way I use to I’d stack those small ass deer up like cord wood. I’d even shoot as many old ass does as possible. It’s called thinning the herd something most wont do.

• Like 6

I agree with you 100% rachunter. The population on Long Island is out of control. Most people don’t realize the consequences of having a deer herd out out of balance. Too many hunters here hang it up around Thanksgiving. There is a reason that we have a 4 month season. 

• Like 2

On 1/30/2020 at 6:31 AM, NYBowhunter said:

Spine injury are probably aftermath of the accident that healed on its own.

I can't believe a vet would operate on a BB with a spinal injury like THAT.  If the leg injury was repaired by a vet, the spine happened before or after.  As others have said, that little dude lived a FULL 8 months +/-.........  :)

Edited by Lawdwaz