Shopping ...

Nytracker

Went out for dinner with wifes friends  coworkers the other night . Little more dressed up than I prefer. Wife was not happy with tennis shoes or the condition  of my dress shoes .

She is dragging me off to buy new shoes . I dont mind shopping  in hardware ,gun stores, or fly shops . I hate clothes shopping and shoe shopping . 

I almost wish work would call me in ..

• Like 2

You might better just SHOOT me and put me out of my misery than torture me slowly to death clothes shopping.... 

Going with The Mermaid makes it worse...Any time I do any kind of shopping with a woman, it takes four times as long and costs me twice as much...

• Like 1

If you’re on here, most likely your most expensive clothes are orange or camo .....
I’m pushing 61, haven’t owned a suit in IDK 30 some years ? I have one blue sport coat that’s maybe 20 or 30 years old I have no idea, every few years I buy some jeans and a handful of short sleeve collard shirts .

I do, like a nice pair of shoes though .

I dont buy anything but hunting clothes .. fishing clothes . Hunting boots and waders .  Wife buys most of my clothes for Christmas or birthday.  After 30 years she does pretty well . It's not difficult  . Jean's... pocket t shirts crew neck sweatshirts a flannel shirt .  Blue,black ,brown ,green. She knows bright colors wont get worn.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Got lucky wife didn't go she had company ... new tennis shoes and casual shoes 2 packs of socks  home in one hour ..... I feel like I won the lottery.

Glad to hear you dodged the bullet.....One more small victory for Manhood....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My wife will not let me go grocery shopping with her. I complain constantly. She has to read every label.  I mean the label hasn't changed since last week, so why read it again??? 

Checks the unit price on multiple items/brands to see which one will save a nickel.  Then she talks to everyone, especially if their looking at the same item. 

Drives me nuts.  

• Like 2

When I have to go, I've learned to just zone out! Yup, that chubby, old, scarred up, stinky guy you see wondering the store with a blank look on his face? That is me. In my mind, I'm figuring out where that nice buck we got on camera is bedding. Or deciding what lure the bass will be biting. Or perhaps if Aaron Judge will stay healthy for a whole season!

While Mrs grampy asks "where is your mind at"?? 

I just say......huhh????

• Haha 1