Opening weekend LI

mbucks27

What time did the bucks come thru?

Button buck at 5, saw the 8 at 5:30 and then he left and then he brought back the one i shot at 6:30

Thanks guys, the best part is i had this deer on my trail camera back in august and then no sign of him untill 2 weeks ago. Feels good when all the work pays off!

First day of the season out for me today. Sat 12 hours in the same spot. Saw a fox and that was it. Of course checked the cam and have a monster buck at midnight. This public land spot always seems to be good to me later in October but I will continue to try and Hunt it now as well as this is really the only spot I know. Back out Tuesday and hoping for the best.

Congrats on a great buck. I think we can all agree that the weather sucked this weekend with it being rainy warm and humid. Even with the lousy weather we still had a great time and i cant wait to get back out there. I did manage to shoot a doe on Sat evening and we got the whole hunt on video so that was cool. Good luck to anybody going out this week.

photo.png

John

Man I'm so jealous reading these posts, counting down the two weeks until I can start hunting!

Congrats on deer guys.

I know how you feel, I had scouted and had alot of pictures of deer back in august. Than had a bad atv accident later in august and in not getting the cast off til next week. Ill be good to go by november maybe earlyer.

I went out this am... Saw nothing at my stand but jumPed 2 or 3 coming out. I am in my 4th differnt set in 3 completly different areas and i have at the moment a million black birds goin nuts all around me. This getting up at 230 and 3 am to get ready to hunt 3 days in a row is wearing on me lol

I went out this am... Saw nothing at my stand but jumPed 2 or 3 coming out. I am in my 4th differnt set in 3 completly different areas and i have at the moment a million black birds goin nuts all around me. This getting up at 230 and 3 am to get ready to hunt 3 days in a row is wearing on me lol

I'll trade u those black birds for a nagging day at wor anytime! Can't wait to get back out again! Anyone doing any hunting in the east Hampton or sag harbor area?

Got out again this a.m. from sunrise till 9 saw 7 does all before 8. No bucks yet but finding the does now means bucks later. Won't be out again prob until after the weekend.

Same for me, I know I am hunting a fawn nursery for the first part of the season with a few spikes holding. But it pays of big in November when all the bucks come into get some. Rattling even works really well for me then also. I think because most mature bucks are mainly transient opportunist to that area during the rut.