Gun shots at first light opening day of bow season sz

Dutchess hunter

I have shot multiple times at turkey. You do have two tags after all. I know a lot of huters that small game hunt right up do gun season. I also heard about a guy that got caught with a gun shoT derr that he just stuck an arrow through for a cover up. Hopefully he was just smallgame hunting.

Yeah...if you're bowhunting. Otherwise there are multiple seasons that are open.

i.e. goose, rabbit, squirrel, turkey and so on.

and naturally, I can be wabbit hunting with my .30-06, and this buck came charging at me, and I had to protect myself, but he turned sideways at the last second, and thats why the bullet gone through both his lungs.... as your being carted away in handcuffs......

• Like 1

and naturally, I can be wabbit hunting with my .30-06, and this buck came charging at me, and I had to protect myself, but he turned sideways at the last second, and thats why the bullet gone through both his lungs.... as your being carted away in handcuffs......

I answered your question. If you're looking for an argument take it up with someone else.

Edited by letinmfly

Ya.just don't wabbit hunt with 5 slugs in the chamber.LOL.

Damn goose hunters by my hunting area suck.They must spend like 100 dollars on shells.My god.It is a war zone back there.Like a line of m16's and a couple cannons.Thats got to be some expensive hunting!!!Cause i know steel shot isn't cheap!

Goose season also is open.

Well, hopefully they were not goose hunting as it doesnt open until next weekend. Trust me, Im the one all my fellow bowhunters hate...Come next weekend, i have a long list of guys that cant hardly wait and i have got a freshly ordered case of ammo that im just dieing to burn up .PLUG YOUR EARS!!. :spiteful:

I have shot multiple times at turkey. You do have two tags after all. I know a lot of huters that small game hunt right up do gun season. I also heard about a guy that got caught with a gun shoT derr that he just stuck an arrow through for a cover up. Hopefully he was just smallgame hunting.

I had a guy arrested for that exact reason where I hunt back in the early 90's. Opening day of bow my first year hunting with my Dad. We jumped a huge 8 pointer right to the guy. As soon as we lost sight of the buck we heard the gunshot. We went to check it out and here comes this moron out of a tree stand with a rifle over his shoulder and his bow in his hand. When he saw us coming he ditched his rifle behind a stone wall then ran over to the deer and stuck an arrow in the exit hole of the bullet. My dad went right over to the wall and picked up his rifle and we walked him out of the woods and held him until the Trooper got there. They cuffed him and took him away. It took 4 of us to get the deer into the troopers trunk. One of the biggest bucks we've seen in our area. They revoked his license for a number of years. Caused some turmoil with another landowner one of his buddies. We were always suspicious of them jacking deer and we were right.

Squirrel hunting...

Waterfoul...

Fall Turkey...

My ass - it's poacher city in some places and we all know it. If there was surplus ceo's I'd invite one out to camp just to sit & listen opening week - free coffee. Getting phone coverage out there soon enough, at least I can get them on speed dial.

Edited by Fantail