How far up in a tree is your typical stand?

Fantail

Tree stand height?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Tree stand height?

• 16 feet & under
    • 17 to 19 feet
    • 20 - 25 feet
    • 25 feet & up

I kind of like something in the neighborhood of 16", which is about the height of my hunting stool ...... lol. I'm not in the trees anymore except for one treestand that I call "The Hotel" which resembles a tree house more than a treestand.

Doc

I have a double wide that I use on a friends property which is 15'.

On  the same property (110 Acres) in gilboa ny , I have a stand built into the tree, complete with a rubber pitched roof,  rubber floor, with vent/drain holes , and 4 post rails goin all around ..

Burlap for concealment .

great solid stand its 25 ft, but on the uphill side stand floor to ground is prob about 19-21. steep grade.

got to get some pics up of em.

damn raccoons have made themselves quite comfy up there over the winter..

shit everywhere.

How stable are those ladder stands?  I was thinking about a 2 person ladder stand just for myself, so there is plenty of room.

I think they are very sturdy been using one since last season depends on your comfort baught at wallmart under 200

• 2 weeks later...

All my stands are 15' to the platform.  I just ensure that I put them in a tree that can provide a good amount of concealment.  For me that means putting them in a tree that has at least one other tree right next to it.  this way, I can remain somewhat hidden behind another tree trunk.

I can see the advantage of being real high in the tree ( no , not high by drinking or drugs ) but it also changes your shot angle . My youngest son has a treestand on the side of a hill that is over 20' up . The trail below is probably at least 10' lower than the base of his tree so he is shooting in excess of 30 feet than the trail. When you have that much of an angle , you have to visualize where you want the arrow to exit on the opposite side of the deer before you shoot .

I like to be 15-20 feet, I have has some higher and know guys who go way up...

I think a wide tree is more important the height . When I'm in a big old knarly, multi limbed tree , 30 inches across they never seem to see me.

I would also add many guy can't estimate height worth a damn .I've had folks tell me " oh thats 15 feet up" then I reach up and touch the stand with an arrow.....

How stable are those ladder stands?  I was thinking about a 2 person ladder stand just for myself, so there is plenty of room.

i dont use the crapy straps that come with them

my 2 man stand was the 15 footer untill i added 2 more 5 foot ladders to it. and its SOLID

i use 3 straps on the top and 1 on the gun rail. i also use a blind to cover it and the roof as well.

its about 5 years old and i have changed the bolts every 2 years.

i have 2 single ladder stands both 25 feet tall with gun rail's

i also have 2 hanging stands 1 at 10 feet and 1 at about 6 feet

but when im in my climer ill go up about 30 to 35 feet