Nephew just smoked one in Genoa.

First-light

Guys,

Well they found it but not after the coyotes got to it. Deer by all accounts would of been 200lbs dressed. It's a 6 or 7 pt don't know if the browtine counts.

The dog was put on the trail and didn't lift its head until it found the deer. My nephew said it was amazing how this dog worked. The deer was found in the thicket where they last had blood. I'm glade he found it, he really put in his time to find this animal. A big thanks to the guy (I'll get his name and number) and his dog! This is my nephew's first with the recurve, I'm really excited for him.

post-156-0-65008700-1320099551_thumb.jpg

good job with sticking with finding it. I have 4 dachshounds and they love to track me. I go outside and hide and then my wife lets them out and they run right to me. I should start them on deer tracking to.

My nephew texted me late last night so I didn't get to talking with him. He said there is more to the story. erussel my nephew told me the guy started doing this 5 years ago and learned how to do it by reading a book on the subject.

That is wild, I'm sure you can do it!

Yote damage was bad, they tore the back end to pieces. BTW when the little dog found the deer he tore into it also, nephew said you had to let the dog have its time with the deer and then the guy called him off.

Edited by Burt

Awesome story, that's a life time memory right there. Great buck, and massive props to him for taking him with the recurve, and being really persistant.

My aunts German Shlepper tracked a doe for a friend who liver shot a doe last weekend, but the yotes had gotten her over night, even though we tracked her for 3 hours in the dark.