he finally made a mistake

TOMMYTOOSONS

ive been watching this guy since july behind my house.been hunting every day since the opener out in my homemade hut,due to the fact that i cant climb anymore because of double knee replacements.ive seen 6 different bucks in that time and all were small except one but he had a broken rack. i saw this guy about ten says ago on the opposite side of my corn comming at me but he turned back at 40 yards to follow does that a small 7 was chasing.wednesday am a 4 point came into my chickory plot and made a scrape under a small oak sappling.thursday at 845 in he comes from behind me 15 yards to my left on a cut trail comming from a open field.he was walking away from me and must have caught wind of the scrape because he turned right and came across in front of me at 20 yards.i shot and he was off to the thick stuff 80 yards in front of me.i waited for an hour,seemed like 6,found my arrow,nice dark red blood and a nice trail.started tracking at 10.30.went about 40 yards and jumped him.not good.i came back to the house mad at myself.went back out at 4 oclock to see if i could pick up his trail only because of the yotes,and i did.i followed it for 200 yards to a thick patch the size of a football field.it went in a good trail,still bleeding but dark was real close.decided to back out and chance the yotes till friday am.no sleep.i was waiting for the paper boy at 4 am.finally at 8 oclock away i went into the thick stuff,and i mean thick.100 yards latter and alot of thorns in my hands there he was.he wont make the record books but without my treestands i thought i was done.im glad my homemade hut worked out and im more than happy with a nice 9 point.thanks for reading good luck to all....