180 Class Virginia Buck

StripedBuck

Congrats to your friend. Would it be all right if you can tell us were in Virginy he killed him? I was stationed in Little Creek Amphibious base in VA and would hunt Fort AP Hill, I had never seen such a big deer back then. We also would hunt on a navy air base in the sticks we would hunt with hounds. What an amazing time. Knock em down when you get there.

gotta be careful throwing scores around, unless there is a copy of an offical sheet included someone or two or three are gonna throw the BS flag.

180 net and you can fit your hand around it with ease? with teh foreground shot like that the G2s are looking twice their real size,. Its a nice deer but that scored 180 gross?? unlikely. and net? no way.

once you take a few 'monster racks' and have them Officially scored suddenly you understand how truly large a 140 and 180 are in a typical.

Neither of these below scored over 125 net , the minimum for P&Y, and you can put the bottom rack around your waist if you wear a 38 pants.

all bears are 400 pounds, all bucks 200# and all racks are well into the record books. Maybe its time for the min score of 125 to be raised, there are hundreds of book deer killed on here alone! :D

Weberracks-2.jpg

After some rough estimates, I come up with 165-170 inches at best. That's giving the buck 20" spread, with the G1's at 5", G2's at 7", G3's at 14", and G4's at 10", mainbeams of 25", and circumfrance of 5". Of course the abnormal point is a deduction. Just a rough estimation. Either way, still a great deer and congrats to your friend.

The Buck was taken in the Round Hill area of Virginia. Estimated to be 5.5-6.5 yrs.old. The 180 was a green score only, I'm sure after drying it would be much less. Here is a better pic as far as the angle of holding the antlers goes.

post-1395-0-29388500-1320936111_thumb.jp

Touche! B) Congrats to your friend on a great buck!

I really, really hate to say this (trust me), but something just doesn't look right in this picture. How in the world do you hold a deer of this size, while crouching on the ground, at an awkward angle, with one hand?

:huh:

And yet you said it anyway. Must be a conspiracy.

After some rough estimates, I come up with 165-170 inches at best. That's giving the buck 20" spread, with the G1's at 5", G2's at 7", G3's at 14", and G4's at 10", mainbeams of 25", and circumfrance of 5". Of course the abnormal point is a deduction. Just a rough estimation. Either way, still a great deer and congrats to your friend.

i think it's a great buck but it's no where near 180" and this breakdown has some serious flaws in it as well. No where near 5 in. circum. and the g-3 at 14''? come on. Funny thing is when you add your totals up chief it comes out to 182 . (assuming you meant 5" average circ.). Im guessing it's going to shrink about 14 inches in the next 90 days somehow.

The Buck was taken in the Round Hill area of Virginia. Estimated to be 5.5-6.5 yrs.old. The 180 was a green score only, I'm sure after drying it would be much less. Here is a better pic as far as the angle of holding the antlers goes.

post-1395-0-29388500-1320936111_thumb.jp

Great buck! love how people say it isn't a real pic because the guy is standing at a 33.3 degreee angle, the air temp was 42, and there was a southwest wind that day so that can't be real. What's even better is trying to say you can score a deer better by a photo than the guy who shot it and measured it with his bare hands! You really can't post anything in these forums without people calling you a liar or trying to tell you how you are wrong and they are right. It is a joke really.... I learned it after the last topic I posted. Anyways nice buck! Looks 180 Green to me!

NJG, your probably right that my post may have been uncalled for.. Sorry for your feelings getting hurt. The original poster did throw the number out there though and seems to me that a comment is not out of line. I need to get banned from posting after 11 pm. Nothing good happens after that. LOL.

Congrats to your friend. Would it be all right if you can tell us were in Virginy he killed him? I was stationed in Little Creek Amphibious base in VA and would hunt Fort AP Hill, I had never seen such a big deer back then. We also would hunt on a navy air base in the sticks we would hunt with hounds. What an amazing time. Knock em down when you get there.

I grew up hunting there...hunted Oceana and Dam Neck with my Dad...spent some time on Back Bay with the lottery hunts. Most of the time was at Chickahominy or at the club in Emporia. Running dogs is not for most people...but I think it's one thing that hunters should try once in their life. It's certainly not my preffered way to hunt but the sound of a dog hot on the heels of a deer coming your way is something to be experienced.