Small victory buck...

wooly

I figure if this little guy stands any chance of winning it all, he better come with one hell of a story...so here it goes.

I headed out to my stand before early light when I ran into a little old blind lady trying to cross the road in the dark. I assisted her and was on my way.

...down the trail I went when I noticed a strange golden berry in the underbrush. I picked it, and mixed it with bubblegum juice, pine sap, and a Tim Hortons "triple triple". Unknown to me at the time, I had just found a cure for cancer.

As I rushed the new cure to the clinic, I came across 6 nuns who were trapped in a flaming wreck on Interstate 90. After I hauled the first 5 out, we joined hands in prayer before I ran into the wreckage to save the last in a knick of time before their Pinto exploded.

Feeling pretty pooped and about to forget about any serious hunting at this point, I noticed an orphaned, 3 legged kitten with no tail in a paper bag on the shoulder of the road. Looked pretty dehydrated and malnurished, so I ran to the store to get it some milk and Tender Vittles to lift its spirits.

While at the counter cashing out, three Arabs, 2 black guys, and 4 Mexicans were trying to hold up the mom and pop deli. I remebered some jujitsu crap I saw in an old Steven Segal flick and managed to get the situation under control before the authorities could arrive.

The owner of the deli graciously handed me a bag of crisp $1000 bills as a reward but they were slowing me down. I quickly passed it off to a bag lady that I passed by outside that looked to be in desperate need of some good eats and warm clothing before the cold weather rolled in.

I took a shortcut through the dark alley around back where I noticed a gang of bikers beating up a homeless prostitute that was trying to pay her kids way through daycare for the weekend while she worked. We hopped on one of the Hawgs with a sidecar and I tipped the others like Dominoes. I slipped her off to the shelter where these thugs wouldn't find her.

It turned out to be a great day in the stand and at 4:30pm I decided to unleash some of my penned up aggression from the day on this spiker!

Thanks for tagging along on my very memorable hunt that I wont forget anytime soon!

CSC_0235_filtered.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks guys! Hope you all enjoy every hunt as if it's your last.

Hunt on your terms, and don't feel like you need to justify shooting any deer you desire to anybody else.

It's your hunt...you write the ending you see fit!

Good luck to everyone still holding a tag!

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Just found this!! Lovin it Matt!!! I can't believe you didn't ride the deer home before killing it in your backyard. :thankyou:

That is in part two of the story.

He forgot to mention he left his bow at home and had to get this deer with a knife, and it dragged him 2 miles before he got the job done.  And he said no way it would take more than a mile to get it done!  

Congrats!!!

• Like 1