LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

17 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

No way. How many bow deer on the forum this year shot outside of an 8" pie plate? then how many we didn't even hear about that members kept a secret? Miss a red fox by 8" and you get no blood. Miss a deer by 8" and you still hit something. I honestly think if the forum members had to take a proficiency exam to bow hunt, at least 30% of them would not be allowed. maybe much higher.

I wouldnt know ,I'm too busy worrying about my own proficiency with a bow.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, NYBowhunter said:

Those tiny backstraps are perfect size to wrap in bacon, the one pictured is from a larger deer where I cut the backstraps  in half and wrapped in bacon, smoked over applewood. Amazing!!! Those little gems you have there are just the right size.

20201215_122546.jpg

man that makes my mouth water. I've seen some great backstrap recipes over the years, but never had the heart to cook one in one shot. I like to savor them out. 

20 hours ago, Lomax said:

Out for the last hour and now I have tag I can use just have to remember a lot less range in my field with the knight 50 cal Mz.  Love these late season sets. 

image.jpg

just setup one of those videocam remote actuating arms and you can shoot them from your computer! haha, sweet setup man.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

Oh he is lost unfortunately for good. I don't attempt to hide the fact I lost that deer. Not proud of losing it but unfortunately it happens

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

this is the kind of stuff that stops people from sharing and learning. ball busting is fine, but I hate how we bring up stuff like this.

just my .02

2nd shooter buck of the day seen, this one was about 40 yards needed him to take a few more steps out of the thicket but no dice. He was hot on a doe and ignored my grunts.... shame it’s bow only here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I know moog uses Baffin boots too. Is there a model of them that you guys prefer for very cool weather, that are not too clunky for walking to and from stands?

I wear the impacts, they’re clunky but I’ve never had a cold foot in them. If I wear them I keep regular rubber boots in the truck for dragging/tracking purposes.

• Thanks 1

I wear the impacts, they’re clunky but I’ve never had a cold foot in them. If I wear them I keep regular rubber boots in the truck for dragging/tracking purposes.

X2

Late season (tonight), predator hunting, and ice fishing and they haven't let me down. They are very clunky BUT extremely comfy and warm.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

When ya pull the trigger on that cannon bad things happen to the receiving end lol.. the scout conversions are great woods/carry guns

They really are cannons lol. Agree on the conversions. I’ve thought about doing a custom rig but the conversion handles all my needs and more so haven’t been able to rationalize it yet

I'm in.  Wind died right out so not bad.   Trying to down one before it storms.  ALL the AG up here is now cut they usually never get time to do it all but this year it is.  But I have a cow pasture behind me and a picked corn field just over the knoll so maybe I get one passing thru.  Also fresh today's tracks by the stand.  Small but deers.

IMG_20201216_142126430.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 5

That's and understatement... With those you definitely need to be particular about shot placement, if you want to conserve meat... The encore conversions are nice as well and would probably serve 95% of the muzzle loading public.  I think I will be doing an encore conversion for my father to use next season since he's kinda hooked on my bolt gun.

Definitely right about that but mine is a tack driver fortunately. Also the flip side to that coin is they usually don’t go very far even if your placement is off a little

No way. How many bow deer on the forum this year shot outside of an 8" pie plate? then how many we didn't even hear about that members kept a secret? Miss a red fox by 8" and you get no blood. Miss a deer by 8" and you still hit something. I honestly think if the forum members had to take a proficiency exam to bow hunt, at least 30% of them would not be allowed. maybe much higher.

Proficiency on the range and proficiency on the stand are two totally different things. Someone can be a great shot but get excited, not stop the deer, hit a branch, etc. I hunt some areas that administer a shooting test and still see plenty of poor shots.

2nd shooter buck of the day seen, this one was about 40 yards needed him to take a few more steps out of the thicket but no dice. He was hot on a doe and ignored my grunts.... shame it’s bow only here

Go after him if he has a hot doe. That’s the most susceptible position to have a buck

I drew blood on red fox a few weeks ago. pay attention! If i can hit a red fox with bow at 33 yards, that puts me in the top 1% of all bow shooters on this forum after all the mishits we've seen on deer with huge kill zones.
But the end result was the same. You missed. So actually... You could've been 8" left or right on a fox and still got blood, and fox are really easy to kill so I think it's fair to say you were just as far off as some of the other mishaps?? But whatever makes your mathematics add up for you! Plus how is one in with the top 1% when said person hasn't killed a deer all season!?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic