Speaking of spell check......

pistolp71

1. Allot is a verb that means to distribute, to assign a portion, or to divide.
    Example: The instructor allotted me 20 minutes to take the test.
    Example: They allotted six square feet per family.
  2. Alot means nothing because it is not a word in the English language and therefore should not to be used.
  3. A lot (two words) is an informal phrase meaning a large portion or large quantity of something. According to what I read it is proper to use “a lot” when describing non-countable quantities such as water, sand, ice, or time. The word “many” should be used when describing countable items such as hours, people, or books. I doubt I will be able to change my usage, “He has many books” does not carry the same meaning to me as “He has a lot of books”.
    Example: A lot of water has passed under the bridge.
    Example: I don’t have a lot of time to make amends.

I remember having an English teacher that had this pet peeve. Her other one was the use of may and can.

I found the above on the weband actually ALOT does have a meaning. It is a town in India. So if you said "I like hunting Alot" it could actually be correct...lol

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

GEEZE...If yer smart lyke me end ken spel werds rite why in the hek doo ya need a dam spelchek enyyway..?..

I think its tyme fer my KNAP...

I think alot of this is directed at me. I started this spell check thing and I'm going to get to the bottom of it if its the last thing I do.

I DO have alot on my plate right now but I WILL figure it out.

Maybe.

(I know I do spell a lot {alot} wrong but I'll dust off the damn Websters and get by)

PYGMY WAKE UP...IT'S TIME FOR DINNER!!

Edited by Lawdwaz

Im guilty pete! Lol

Ill admit it... Spell check? We dont need no stinkin spell check. We have a pete check lol

Lol. I wasn't going to single you out Geno. I used to spell it like that too. Obviously a little pet peeve of mine. You know, I was the 3rd grade spelling be champ!

I have spell check and love it and i think if you look at some of my post i have corrected it but i am sure most times i haven't. seems to me when you correct someone like that it no longer is a pet peeve to me your being anal. not saying that's a bad thing so don't get mad just sayin ;)

Lol. I wasn't going to single you out Geno. I used to spell it like that too. Obviously a little pet peeve of mine. You know, I was the 3rd grade spelling be champ!

Ok, the truth comes out! Lol

I heard you were 16 also lol

I Just woke up... How the heck do I get rid of this stupid underlined text..???..

It's driving me NUTS !!.. Spelling is the LEAST of my problems..

All I wanted to say is that I think I am in love with Paula's BEAGLE...

You fell asleep on the keyboard, Dan.

I Just woke up... How the heck do I get rid of this stupid underlined text..???.. It's driving me NUTS !!.. Spelling is the LEAST of my problems.. All I wanted to say is that I think I am in love with Paula's BEAGLE...

everyone says that lol