Pure coyote, or does he have a little wolf in him?

the eastern coyote is reported to have come thru canada and interbred with the wolf in low population areas then entered across frozen lakes and river.. they will also breed with dogs when their population is low. they can get big because of this! not the 40lbs western here!!

Somehow, I don't believe a coyote that size gets that big from eating mice and insects ...... lol. I wonder how many deer per year it took to maintain that body size and weight?

Guy I know said he has trail cam evidence of yotes bringing over 40 fawns into their den last spring.

Nice yote. Step dad shot a 91 pound coyote last year. I didnt believe him until i went and took a look that night, thing was a monster. I thought it was a dog at first because of its size :P

Ain't no way it was a 91 pound coyote kid, I think he was pulling your leg. They don't get that big anywhere in the world.

And yes Coyote's have Wolf in them.

the eastern coyote is reported to have come thru canada and interbred with the wolf in low population areas then entered across frozen lakes and river.. they will also breed with dogs when their population is low. they can get big because of this! not the 40lbs western here!!

This is correct. Recent studies have shown that our eastern coyotes are indeed hybrids, and have far more wolf 'in' them than the western counterparts.

Some reading:

(note that a lot of coyote genetic studies have been done in NY state recently)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/31/eastern-wolves-coyote-hybrids_n_869268.html

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/11/111107-hybrids-coyotes-wolf-virginia-dna-animals-science/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32976657/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/coyote-wolf-new-breed-predator/

Well in that case it must be true!!!

It would be a world record by about 15 pounds if it were.

Im not pulling any tails guys, 91 pounds, i was there when he brought it to the guys shop. I dont remember where the shop was it was years ago, but you walk in and theres a desk right in front, you take a left and u walk in and theres bears and what not, then you go to the back room and theres water buffalo heads and all african game animals and stuff.

Agreed. Biologists concur that the Eastern Coyote is a far different animal than it's western cousin and has a considerable amount of Wolf DNA in their genes, absent in the western coyote. The Eastern Coyote is larger, appears more Wolf-like, habits that include family structure and packs, etc etc.