How Long Can I Leave it Charged

Splitear

Not much of a ML guy, I’ve owned one Knight MK85, used loose powder . I learned to push it out every night ,and reloaded next morning . Sometimes if I came home at night and was going in the morning I’d hang it in the garage, to avoid the temperature change of inside .

The temperature changes ( house, car , outside ,car , house , outside ... ) can cause the powder to absorb moisture.

I found this out first hand when my powder was a solid black wet mass ,once when I unloaded .

• Like 1

I've had mine loaded for the entire late season and a week or so after before I got a chance to shoot. As long as the powder stays dry, you should be good.  Tape over the muzzle and I leave it in the truck. Bringing it into the house causes condensation.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2020 at 6:00 AM, Grouse said:

I shoot my T/C Hawken into the ground or an old stump at the end of each hunt to empty it.  I do not trust leaving it loaded as I have had many hang fires and misfires when I have done so.

I fired my CVA yesterday to unload it and there was a hang fire. 

I did fire it about 10 days ago a few times to recheck sight, but since then it's been sitting in a cold porch at the end of every hunt. First time that's happened.