New toy

Chef

3 hours ago, Farflung said:

Great gun!!!!! In alaska, I believe some of the guides get rid of the safety and just use the half-cock. Are you going to do that??

Thats how all Marlin levers came for many many years...only the past decade or so they had the crossbolt safety.

4 hours ago, Chef said:

You and i have very similar taste in guns from what I can tell. That being said I will be adding a 45/70 to the collection at some point. When I do it will be a history piece not something I hunt with much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah..I have watched far too many  cavalry westerns NOT to covet an 1873 Trapdoor carbine.... I also think the Sharps  are very cool, along with others like the Remington Rolling Block..

7 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My 35Rem doesn't have one, I carry
It half cocked. It makes me a bit nervous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You're not supposed to be hunting while under the influence....Hehehe...It would make ME a bit nervous hunting with you...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The zillions of Winchesters and Marlins up until the late eighties or nineties all were 1/2 cock only safeties. I never got the big deal...firearm basics. Keep pointed in a safe direction, keep the finger off the trigger. Both my 94s are so built and I have never had a concern.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Daveboone said:

The zillions of Winchesters and Marlins up until the late eighties or nineties all were 1/2 cock only safeties. I never got the big deal...firearm basics. Keep pointed in a safe direction, keep the finger off the trigger. Both my 94s are so built and I have never had a concern.

I've handled pre and post '64 Model 94 rifles. i started out hunting with one. hell i've had some look right at me that owned them and said they don't have one. then when I, still in my 30s, show them half cock safety all you hear is crickets. can't break rule number 1 but yea no worries about being half cocked. lol