Laid-off Keystone XL worker shares his heartbreaking message for Biden

22 minutes ago, left field said:

These were designed in Delaware County.

https://bollingermotors.com/

That's great for a young man, how bout an old man? I have a canoe also, but I get winded when I'm pulling two water skiers.

Nothing like setting progress back 100 years. Industrial revolution and/or modern technology, who needs it, right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steuben Jerry said:

That's great for a young man, how bout an old man? I have a canoe also, but I get winded when I'm pulling two water skiers.

Nothing like setting progress back 100 years. Industrial revolution and/or modern technology, who needs it, right?

They're all talking the talk Jerry. None of them are walking the walk. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

I am ready for something different..I also drive a truck,but would not mind going back to horse and buggy.  It doesnt hurt to think of the big picture. If anyone thinks burning fossil fuels that took hundreds of thousands of years to form at the scale we are burning it has no effect on the environment they are fools. 

It makes me happy i dont have any kids that will have to live in an ever crazier world because we did nothing to change. You think caravans of people seeking refuge are big now,wait another 20 years and get back to me then. 

Business as usual will be anything but.

You wouldnt mind going back to the horse and buggy huh; well,  I would suggest then , that you you sell your truck TODAY , purchase a horse and buggy , and put your $ where your mouth is!!  With all due respect, that is Riduclous; you absolutely would not do that!!  It is very easy to say and never do, yet expect others to.   This statement reminds me of my years in graduate school where I was surrounded by pedantic hard core liberal/granola types who lectured everyone around them about the evils of fossil fuel use , yet made no alterations in their own consumption and usage.  How about this: Post pics of your truck for sale and you driving your new horse and buggy and we'll listen to you !!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Sometimes you have to go old school.

image.png.144ec7cfdab22623dfbcbdbd62782ed4.png

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

They're all talking the talk Jerry. None of them are walking the walk. 

I split four to five cords of wood every year with a maul. But I do take my private jet to the camp.

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Interesting, what's the retail on that bad boy? Probably 2X the cost of both my ATV's together. 

I'll bet a little more than that. He moved production to Detroit. No idea if he'll get any traction.

12 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

What's the carbon footprint on that VS natural gas on a per BTU. Let me make it easy. Burning hardwood is on par with coal. 

I'm sure it is, but it seems a stretch to say that my wood stove is equivalent to a coal fired power station. 

You understand that I'm not arguing against fossil fuels, right?

4 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

If you are in such full support of this what alternative energy uses are you partaking in currently?  Electric vehicle? solar at your home? 

I am helping the overpopulation problem actively by choosing to not have kids. I heat with wood,a local renewable energy source using a not so efficient furnace and a very efficient masonry heater. What are you guys doing?

3 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

You wouldnt mind going back to the horse and buggy huh; well,  I would suggest then , that you you sell your truck TODAY , purchase a horse and buggy , and put your $ where your mouth is!!  With all due respect, that is Riduclous; you absolutely would not do that!!  It is very easy to say and never do, yet expect others to.   This statement reminds me of my years in graduate school where I was surrounded by pedantic hard core liberal/granola types who lectured everyone around them about the evils of fossil fuel use , yet made no alterations in their own consumption and usage.  How about this: Post pics of your truck for sale and you driving your new horse and buggy and we'll listen to you !!

You have no idea what i would or wouldn't do. I was considering going into organic vegetable growing using horses for power. But growing veggies in NY is a hard way to make a living.

Just now, Grouse said:

I'm supporting fracking which provides a cleaner source of energy than anything but nuclear, which I also support.

no surprise there. What is the solution for 8 million gallons of chemical filled wastewater per well? Oh,put it underground,it wont do any harm there...

Very clean energy indeed,just like nuclear. What is the half life of those spent fuel rods?

3 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

no surprise there. What is the solution for 8 million gallons of chemical filled wastewater per well? Oh,put it underground,it wont do any harm there...

Very clean energy indeed,just like nuclear. What is the half life of those spent fuel rods?

What chemicals are in the wastewater?  Itemize them for me.  Or do you just swallow the stuff your handlers tell you.

How many spent fuel rods are needed in a modern nuclear reactor and why is it the major source of energy in France today?

28 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I am helping the overpopulation problem actively by choosing to not have kids. I heat with wood,a local renewable energy source using a not so efficient furnace and a very efficient masonry heater. What are you guys doing?

so renewable makes it ok for the "global warming"?

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

You have no idea what i would or wouldn't do. I was considering going into organic vegetable growing using horses for power. But growing veggies in NY is a hard way to make a living.

Mike, come on.  I totally believe that youre cognizant-and at least somewhat knowledgeable- of alternative forms of energy and conservation of resources; your posts clearly demonstrate it. And, to be honest, I respect that, really.  But dont get carried away with the horse and buggy nonsense because Thats just not too realistic.   There are some hard-core environmental radical loonies out there that actually advocate for us to go back to a Hunter-and-Gatherer type society you know and thats wacky as hell.  Would you actually want that ?