Ted on the backlash on CNN

fasteddie

I don't see how his stance on the 2nd amendment and gun control hurts hunters. This particular video addresses gun control not hunting. I think his way of presenting it may offend certain people but he tells it like it is and he is not afraid of facing those who advocate increased gun control. If the gun control advocates win us hunters lose our firearms.

• Like 2

Ted wants people to be able to excercise their 2nd Amendment rights. He is pro hunting and very informed and knowlegeable on the issues. He is also willing to stick his neck out and have people criticize him and call him an idiot, in order to debate the issues. I don't find fault with that.

I don't think anyone can argue against what he says. They just don't like the way he says it. If you can't argue with the message, attack the messenger. It just aggravates me that hunters and gun owners attack him. Especially when they don't have any alternative pro-gun, pro-hunting spokesperson to suggest or offer as his replacement. I guess they would rather nobody defends our side of the issue when it is attacked and theatened by the anti's.

I don't think he hurts our side. I think not challenging attacks from the other side hurts our side more.

• Like 7

Ted wants people to be able to excercise their 2nd Amendment rights. He is pro hunting and very informed and knowlegeable on the issues. He is also willing to stick his neck out and have people criticize him and call him an idiot, in order to debate the issues. I don't find fault with that.

I don't think anyone can argue against what he says. They just don't like the way he says it. If you can't argue with the message, attack the messenger. It just aggravates me that hunters and gun owners attack him. Especially when they don't have any alternative pro-gun, pro-hunting spokesperson to suggest or offer as his replacement. I guess they would rather nobody defends our side of the issue when it is attacked and theatened by the anti's.

I don't think he hurts our side. I think not challenging attacks from the other side hurts our side more.

People attack him because he speaks his mind about enjoying hunting. He is the liberal medias worse nightmare. Someone honest and accurate in his statements.

Wow, that's shocking!! Exercising his 1st and 2nd Amendments at one time. 200 years ago people did the same thing. They were called the founders of a nation, patriots. That is why they documented their actions and called it the Constitution. So people would not forget what happens when governments start over reaching their bounds.

• Like 2

Wow, that's shocking!! Exercising his 1st and 2nd Amendments at one time. 200 years ago people did the same thing. They were called the founders of a nation, patriots. That is why they documented their actions and called it the Constitution. So people would not forget what happens when governments start over reaching their bounds.

Did any of those patriots run from military service when they were asked?

Did any of those patriots run from military service when they were asked?

Actually they all did. The British considered all colonists military conscripts. They failed to show up and fight for the British, instead fighting against them. Nugent was NOT a draft dodger, he was awarded a 2-S (student) deferment because he was enrolled as a student at Oakland Community College

Please provide facts with your statement, this is not CNN or MSNBC.

• Like 1

So if someone were to go on a talk show to criticize the presidents policies and at the same time wave a gun and yell "suck on this Mr. president", society shouldn't think that this guy just might be a looney bird?? Sorry fellas you can stand behind any amendment you want, but if you find such behavior acceptable in todays world, then I see exactly why the anti-gunners don't trust you as far as they can throw you and why they want to take your guns. You boys make your beds, so go ahead and sleep in them, I'll be damned if I will support such behavior and consider such a person to be a fine representative.

Here's another video for you Nugent lovers. Hope you think his antics here are good for gun owners and hunters also. A fine and responsible gun owner he appears to be here waving his AR-15 on stage while bad mouthing a sitting president, heh??

I don't see him threatening anyone with the AR's or displaying them in a threatening manner, do you? Maybe I'm missing something in this video but all I see is an exercise of free speech and right to bare arms, just two of the basic fundamental rights our country was founded on. And If he knelt down on one knee while bad mouthing our president while holding his ARs and then looked up to the heavens, he would be exercising another well established right we all have.

Also I don't see him as a representative of hunters. I see him more as a mouthpiece and advocate against stricter gun control. I've watched his show Spirit of the wild hundreds of times and not once did I see him hunt with a firearm. Most if not all his hunting I've seen was with his Martin Firecat bow.

Edited by Deerthug
  • Like 1

… if I would have gone over there, Id have been killed, or Id have killed, or Id kill all the hippies in the foxholes … I would have killed everybody, he told the Detroit Free Press in an interview published July 15, 1990.

(Nugent claims) that 30 days before his Draft Board Physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene. The last 10 days he ingested nothing but junk food and Pepsi, and a week before his physical, he stopped using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside his pants caked with excrement and urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment.

Nugent received student deferments in 1967 (1-S) and 1968 (2-S).Nugent has been “performing professionally since 1958, non-stop yearly touring since 1967, averaging more than 300 shows per year 67-73.” Hmm, that would include the two years he was supposedly too wrapped up in his studies to be serving his country

<blockquote>Just some cut and paste for you Woffer....

Edited by Doewhacker

… if I would have gone over there, Id have been killed, or Id have killed, or Id kill all the hippies in the foxholes … I would have killed everybody, he told the Detroit Free Press in an interview published July 15, 1990.

(Nugent claims) that 30 days before his Draft Board Physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene. The last 10 days he ingested nothing but junk food and Pepsi, and a week before his physical, he stopped using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside his pants caked with excrement and urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment.

Nugent received student deferments in 1967 (1-S) and 1968 (2-S).Nugent has been “performing professionally since 1958, non-stop yearly touring since 1967, averaging more than 300 shows per year 67-73.” Hmm, that would include the two years he was supposedly too wrapped up in his studies to be serving his country

<blockquote>Just some cut and paste for you Woffer....

The Detroit Free Press? Is that like the "Pennysaver" here on Long Island. The article doesn't make any sense. Go to your draft board physical like that and you'll get assigned a nice outdoor spot like infantry instead of inside a tank. They don't care what you smell like and if you seem crazy you won't get a student deferment, you would get a psych deferal.

I also question how he can tour an average of 300 days a year. He would have to be superman. I wish I had that energy. Sorry, but this just seems like more junk journalism to advance an anti-gun agenda.

The Detroit Free Press? Is that like the "Pennysaver" here on Long Island. The article doesn't make any sense. Go to your draft board physical like that and you'll get assigned a nice outdoor spot like infantry instead of inside a tank. They don't care what you smell like and if you seem crazy you won't get a student deferment, you would get a psych deferal. I also question how he can tour an average of 300 days a year. He would have to be superman. I wish I had that energy. Sorry, but this just seems like more junk journalism to advance an anti-gun agenda.

Well Ted did say that in an interveiw so perhaps you should ask him then?

Look you are not going to change any ones opinion on Ted, you either like him or you don't, I don't.