Mohr's Island hunts

Skillet

Hey everybody, we just got back from PA. I bought my girflriend a ram hunt for Christmas @ Mohr's island hunts, in Bainbridge, PA. This was the first time she's taken anything bigger than a squirrel. Say what you will about preserves, but this was a real hunt. The rams were very skittish and spooky. The island is 1 mile long and varies from 200 yds wide to over 400 yds wide. We found a group of 8 rams, and this one was out in the front. She made an awesome 55 yd shot with her Mossberg 20Ga. Broadside, double lung. He dropped and kicked once. I am really proud of her. The guides were great, really putting effort forth, to make it safe and enjoyable for everyone. You can't beat the price. $350.00, included field care and lunch. I talked her into a shoulder mount, and we're having it made into a lot of sausage. She used to be an anti - hunting vegetarian. I guess she has really come around! Can't wait for turkey season!!

post-1188-0-29085700-1330914761_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I dont know if you can legitimately consider a 1-day preserve hunt a "real hunt", but to each its own I guess.

Not biting. It was real enough for her and I, so let's leave it at that.

Edited by Skillet
  • Like 1

How about a couple more pics of the GF instead? :rofl:

Just kidding bud, congratulations!!! :good:

LOL!

Yeah, she's good looking. I don't think she has very good eyesight. Still have not been able to figure out what she sees in me. She's a physician's assistant, and has a lot of doctors (and others in that field who have paychecks a lot bigger than mine) falling all over themselves for her. But she hooked up with me, a not too well off, state employed truck driver / pothole filler. I try not to look too deeply into it, I'm just thankful to have her.

Congrats to the pretty lady, Skillet...

Glad you had a good hunt...

And KUDOS to you for not rising to Biz R O Dude's bait...

I'm beginning to think that this might not be your first day off the turnip truck....<<grin>>...

• Like 1